PDA

View Full Version : Great ride in Virginia countryside

mhoecker
10-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Today John (husband) and I took a nice ride out Rt. 50. We had planned on going to Mt. Weather, but with storm clouds gathering and a chill in the air, we decided to take Snickersville Turnpike instead. We've only been on that road once before about 10 years ago. Really nice to see everything from a bike. Colors are starting to show in the trees and the scenery was quite fine. We stopped at the Bluemont General Store for some country ham sandwiches and grape soda. Pretty delicious! The sky was looking even more threatening, so we came back to Springfield via the Loudoun Co. Greenway, Rt. 28, and Fairfax County Parkway. FC Parkway has the prettiest colors by far of any place we ever drive each year. We are so lucky to have such a jewel in our backyard.

Link to pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhoecker/sets/72157631801198939/with/8101003719/

Madonna & John (cameraman)

johnnyrocket
10-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Today John (husband) and I took a nice ride out Rt. 50. We had planned on going to Mt. Weather, but with storm clouds gathering and a chill in the air, we decided to take Snickersville Turnpike instead. We've only been on that road once before about 10 years ago. Really nice to see everything from a bike. Colors are starting to show in the trees and the scenery was quite fine. We stopped at the Bluemont General Store for some country ham sandwiches and grape soda. Pretty delicious! The sky was looking even more threatening, so we came back to Springfield via the Loudoun Co. Greenway, Rt. 28, and Fairfax County Parkway. FC Parkway has the prettiest colors by far of any place we ever drive each year. We are so lucky to have such a jewel in our backyard.

Link to pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhoecker/sets/72157631801198939/with/8101003719/

Madonna & John (cameraman)

Thanks for sharing!

mooneych
12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Snickersville Turnpike and Mount Weather are great rides. Don't forget to stop at the Red Horse Inn in Middleburg for a cold one!

Ping me if you want to ride. I'll be sure to bundle up the Missus!

Perhaps we can get Dave to join us! :yes::doorag:

ARtraveler
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. I love the countryside and the old buildings--as well as the references to civil war times.

I am sorry I cant join you for a ride there--very beautiful country. :2thumbs: