PDA

View Full Version : Video of new Limited

flamingobabe
10-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Check out the video from Quebec...at one of the dealers....it's in French...but you'll get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXwNsth6Nk

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 08:34 AM
:shocked: Well they used up my meager grasp of French after about the first three seconds... :shocked:
I'm surprised that they have the rear turnsignals kind of stuck out there on perches. Is that because the 'Bags are removeable?
The "Boards look impressive!
Thanks for this video! :clap:

OldDog
10-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Je ne parle pas francais bien, mais le machine est magnifique. Merci.

SharonL
10-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Oh my, what a beautiful machine. I was pretty much sold on the ST Limited, but this video really convinced me. I just wish that they had left off the big white banner on the bottom and would have showed more of the bike and less of the kid giving the presentation. Ha!:clap:

TicketBait
10-18-2012, 10:19 AM
So the floor boards have some kind of cushioning effect. Is that to make it easier/ more comfortable on the knees?

FaranH
10-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this! :clap:

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Je ne parle pas francais bien, mais le machine est magnifique. Merci.
THAT much I got! :thumbup:

Mr. Orange,
I think that since the bike had saddlebags; I was assuming (incorrectly :opps:) that they'd tuck them in the backs of the bags...

chris56
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
is that not too much black ?? or only for me ?

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Is this more to your taste? 55824

ARtraveler
10-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Thank you for sharing the video. :thumbup:

JkRbbt
10-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Much appreciated! Anyone have a nice clip like this of a 2013 RT ? Things like this are really helpful when trying to decide between the two. I am sure the wife won't let me have BOTH!! :)

Spydr in KS
10-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Oh my, what a beautiful machine. I was pretty much sold on the ST Limited, but this video really convinced me. I just wish that they had left off the big white banner on the bottom and would have showed more of the bike and less of the kid giving the presentation. Ha!:clap:

Ditto...don't want the GPS or need the bags, but man that is sharp!:2thumbs::agree:

NancysToy
10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
That beats a bunch of stills, any day of the week. Thanks for sharing.

Sarge707
10-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Seems the windshield doen,t really raise that high (Unless) that guy is very tall.
Nice seating position - Don,t care for the Black-To Invisable?

If I were New to the Spyder and sat on a RS and this ST model there,s NO DOUBT which one I,d buy!
I think the RS may be on the way out but who knows?

Spydr in KS
10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
The air deflectors look good!

Gordy
10-18-2012, 06:39 PM
is that a new tread pattern for the front tires or are they not kendas

NancysToy
10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
is that a new tread pattern for the front tires or are they not kendas
New tread pattern and new size. Bigger wheels and low profile tires.

Netminder
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
This is my dealer and the guy who made it is in our Spyder club! Pierre is a great guy, I have rode with him a few times. Some of you might have met him at Lamont's BBQ, as I know he went. Thanks for posting it and thanks Pierre for making it. Good job:clap::firstplace:

Laila's Dad
10-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Seems the windshield doen,t really raise that high (Unless) that guy is very tall.
Nice seating position - Don,t care for the Black-To Invisable?

If I were New to the Spyder and sat on a RS and this ST model there,s NO DOUBT which one I,d buy!
I think the RS may be on the way out but who knows?

but I don't think it will run the RS drivers away. To me they look very different with the lights and mirrors. IMHO the ST resembles the RT in the front and if you are not a fan of the RT look then that would probably keep the RS audience separate from the ST audience . I think the ST will probably compete with the RT's more. The rider footboards are a big seller to me, but with difference in the price point between the ST-S and the RS-S I figure you can add those after-market.

asp125
10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Are those floating floorboards at 2:22? Or maybe the rubber is loose. Also, they DO look like Kendas @2:50 you can kind of make out the brand.

MMMM... Brembos. :thumbup:

SilverFox1
10-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes. The rubber insert on the floorboards is floating.

SilverFox

flamingobabe
10-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Pierre is a GREAT guy...I got to meet him and spend some time with him at Lamont's

Ga Blue Knight
10-19-2012, 02:21 AM
So the floor boards have some kind of cushioning effect. Is that to make it easier/ more comfortable on the knees?

I had Rivco floorboards on my RS. They did the same thing and it was to reduce vibration on your feet because the attachment points for the floorboards are pretty close to the motor mounts. The stress on knees is pretty much due to the angle on the knee cap which should be fine on the ST models as it is similar to the RT

vtrider
10-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Thanks for sharing! I'm glad I come from a french family and was able to understand most of what the guy was talking about. I sure like the looks of the ST LTD with all the options. It looks like a nice dealership up there! I couldn't help but notice the abundance of all the other motor toys in the showroom.

Netminder
10-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks for sharing! I'm glad I come from a french family and was able to understand most of what the guy was talking about. I sure like the looks of the ST LTD with all the options. It looks like a nice dealership up there! I couldn't help but notice the abundance of all the other motor toys in the showroom.
Yes it is and the nice thing is the only deal with can am products. They also have two certified Spyder mechanics!:yes::yes: