PDA

View Full Version : Why no RTL in Circuit yellow? What is BRP thinking?

Questions
10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
First off, I must confess, I am still waiting for my ship to come in and be able to purchase my first RT! :pray: :banghead:
I currently own a 2000 Honda gl1500 SE (black) that I have installed a LOT of safety chrome and I think it looks good! Seems others think so too! I have won two awards! Black and chrome looks good together! :ohyea:
A riding bud owns a yellow 2009 Honda gl1800 with a lot of safety chrome and it stands out too! Four awards! :ohyea::yes::ohyea:
Another riding bud owns a pearl white RTL and he has a lot of safety chrome! No awards yet but .... but it too is a hot ride! :yes:

Now IF BRP would offer the RTL in Circuit Yellow, well I might sell a few of my other toys and perhaps my arse on the corner to take delivery of one of the first! ;):shocked:;)

IMHO, BRP missed the mark on this one! :shocked: :pray: :(
Moezie Luv to all :bowdown:

Bob Denman
10-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, it'll give you a chance ot wait and upgrade your ryde NEXT year... :thumbup:

"Safety Chrome"... I LIKE that!

can-am sam
10-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Safety chrome, sounds like a good reason to justify chrome pieces to your spouse. "Honey it is safety chrome."

Questions
10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
LOL Safety chrome is a term that owners of Honda Goldwings use to describe all that must have and had to have bling BLING!
Still the RTL available in circuit yellow would be enough to make me bling bling in my shorts!:pray: ;) :shocked: :clap::clap::clap:
Moezie, Luv ya all!

MouthPiece
10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Would metallic yellow not foot the bill?

Chris

MouthPiece
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Sorry. I just now realized you said RT L
Chris

Arr MiHardies
10-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I will never understand model specific colors. If you are buying the top of the line the world should be your oyster for color choices.

Arr MiHardies
10-17-2012, 11:09 PM
This is what body shops are for! When I bought my 09 they didn't have orange either so off the panels came. It's one more way of putting your personal stamp of uniqueness on your Spyder. :ohyea:

But factory colors should be available on all models.

SpyderAnn01
10-17-2012, 11:55 PM
But factory colors should be available on all models.

:agree:

chris56
10-18-2012, 12:16 AM
I will never understand model specific colors. If you are buying the top of the line the world should be your oyster for color choices.

so do I !!

SC_DOC
10-18-2012, 05:10 AM
LOL Safety chrome is a term that owners of Honda Goldwings use to describe all that must have and had to have bling BLING!
Still the RTL available in circuit yellow would be enough to make me bling bling in my shorts!:pray: ;) :shocked: :clap::clap::clap:
Moezie, Luv ya all!

Speaking of Honda Goldwings-Check this out:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!hEFBy+0JLMnBQey(4OjoQ~~60_12.JPGhttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!hQFBrh)LDeHBQey(1J(D!~~60_12.JPGhttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqV,!hsFBdY))fowBQey(vM6ng~~60_12.JPG

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Is that the front-end off of a ROKETA??? :shocked: :roflblack:

SC_DOC
10-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Is that the front-end off of a ROKETA??? :shocked: :roflblack:

Sure looks like it. That's a scary thought having a front suspension built for a 250cc bike attached to a Goldwing. :yikes:

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 07:48 AM
In my Crystal Ball; I see... 55810

Arr MiHardies
10-18-2012, 09:38 AM
:agree: But this isn't unique to BRP.

Just because its normal practice doesn't mean I agree with it

NancysToy
10-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Agree or not, it is not uncommon for certain editions of many vehicles to be produced in special colors, and not in the standard line colors. This is especially true for limited production vehicles, like the Spyder. The answer to a yellow RT-LTD is to by the RTS and add the chrome and accessories you want to bring it to the LTD level. It will cost more, unless there are some options you don't want, but it certainly can be done.

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
:agree: It is VERY possible to upgrade that way...
Careful shopping will even allow for some overall savings; if you're lucky! ;)
(Changed my A&C into an S)

GPS, Chrome mirror covers, exhaust guards, Luggage and a touring cover... Oh! the Bright Chrome wheels too!

PrairieSpyder
10-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Agree or not, it is not uncommon for certain editions of many vehicles to be produced in special colors, and not in the standard line colors. This is especially true for limited production vehicles, like the Spyder. The answer to a yellow RT-LTD is to by the RTS and add the chrome and accessories you want to bring it to the LTD level. It will cost more, unless there are some options you don't want, but it certainly can be done.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the Ltd and paint it the desired color? Then you wouldn't even be limited to official color choices!

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 01:09 PM
It might not :shocked:... Paint can get pricey very fast; you're paying for the skill of the person laying it on. Good doesn't come cheap in this arena! :shocked: