PDA

View Full Version : Engine failure

Harley
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
The engine has no oil pressure at idle after warming from a short ride. If left idling for a few minutes it really rattles as same as lifter noise. Kevin at Cowtown, has replaced oil pumps, etc. and still the same. I do not ride the bike hard, shift at the suggested rpms, etc. BRP tecs have been called and they are stumped also. They are willing to replace the engine as they want to see what has happened.

ARtraveler
10-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I guess you had mentioned this in some other threads other than Decisions, Decisions. Since its in the hands of Cowtown, you apparantly have a good dealer working on it. It will be interesting to hear what they find though.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Well you are one lucky Guy !!!!!!, considering some of the HORROR stories heard lately here about people being" Hung Out To Dry ", at least from their standpoint..........sure sounds like Cowtown and BRP have stepped up to the Plate for you.....:congrats: :2excited: :agree:.......Mike................Let us know how this pans out

Sarge707
10-17-2012, 11:36 AM
With Cowtown- I would trust them and the BRP Techs that want to find the problem would do a Very Good job for you BUT at some dealers I would take the New Vehicle and RUN FAST!!!

Bob Denman
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
It's a dang shame that this has happened; Rotax normally builds some pretty stout engines... :shocked:
You've got the best in the business on it, so the Best of Luck to you! :thumbup:

BajaRon
10-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Bad news at the front end but hey! Getting a brand new engine can't be all bad! No one makes a perfect product. Rotax is one of the most reliable engines on the market but even they have failures. The thing that is important is that they are standing behind it, as they should.

Sorry for the problem but very happy for you and your new to be engine! Way to go BRP! :yes: