PDA

View Full Version : Front wheels

wrbrown
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I am going to rotate the tires from side to side. When I have it jacked up, do I have to remove the fenders to get the wheels off or will they just tilt and come off easily ?

aka1004
10-16-2012, 06:16 PM
No need to remove the fenders. You can wiggle them out.
But why bother taking the wheels off yourself than take them to tire shop?
Prices would vary but a local shop rotated mine for $20.

bobbobtar
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I am going to rotate the tires from side to side. When I have it jacked up, do I have to remove the fenders to get the wheels off or will they just tilt and come off easily ?

You should not have to remove the fenders but the higher you can get the Spyder off the ground the better. If your tires are the OEM tires they are a directional tire and will have to be dismounted from the rim to be rotated.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-16-2012, 06:39 PM
A couple of questions WHY are you doing this......do you have extreme wear on the inside edge ??? if so you need some toe-in.......and bobotar is correct you will need to dis-mount the tires to correctly rotate them and THEN you will have to rebalance them..............personally I think you should get the wear problem fixed and rotating tires in my opinion is not at all cost effective............JMHO.......Mike..........AND I don't think it can be done for $20 in this country or Canada either.................China maybe......:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Tierhog
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
10.2k on mine and they look brand new...

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
You should not have to remove the fenders but the higher you can get the Spyder off the ground the better. If your tires are the OEM tires they are a directional tire and will have to be dismounted from the rim to be rotated.

Removing the mud flaps does make it soooooooooooooooooo much easier tho........just saying.....Mike...:thumbup:

aka1004
10-16-2012, 08:00 PM
A couple of questions WHY are you doing this......do you have extreme wear on the inside edge ??? if so you need some toe-in.......and bobotar is correct you will need to dis-mount the tires to correctly rotate them and THEN you will have to rebalance them..............personally I think you should get the wear problem fixed and rotating tires in my opinion is not at all cost effective............JMHO.......Mike..........AND I don't think it can be done for $20 in this country or Canada either.................China maybe......:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Well, it was done for $20, unmounted, flipped and balanced, in Los Angeles. I think that's still in US.
I bought my rear tire from them so that might have played a roll.
When I bought my fronts from discount tire, I also got their service/warranty contract that included lifetime rotation but they charged me $5 each tire to rotate Because contract doesn't include unmounting of tires...

CyncySpyder
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
At WallyWorld, it is cheaper if you remove them yourself and take them in to get them unmounted & remounted, plus they can usually work you in much quicker than if they have to do it all, then you have to wait in line with all the rest:rolleyes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2012, 12:29 AM
At WallyWorld, it is cheaper if you remove them yourself and take them in to get them unmounted & remounted, plus they can usually work you in much quicker than if they have to do it all, then you have to wait in line with all the rest:rolleyes:

Dave I meant to ask you if they also did your rear tire....that's the one car shops have a problem doing...I have a large Walmart near me but no tire service.....I'll have to see about Costco......thanks ..Mike

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Well, it was done for $20, unmounted, flipped and balanced, in Los Angeles. I think that's still in US.
I bought my rear tire from them so that might have played a roll.
When I bought my fronts from discount tire, I also got their service/warranty contract that included lifetime rotation but they charged me $5 each tire to rotate Because contract doesn't include unmounting of tires...
Paaaaaaaaaaardon me, I was referring to normal people with normal expectations........Not special people like you .........If my brother owned the place I wouldn't have to pay anything.......you on the other hand could bet your bibby you would......:yikes: :roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:........just saying..........;).........Mike :thumbup: :agree:

CyncySpyder
10-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Dave I meant to ask you if they also did your rear tire....that's the one car shops have a problem doing...I have a large Walmart near me but no tire service.....I'll have to see about Costco......thanks ..Mike

I had everything off the rear tire when I took it in- hub, sprocket, bearing all that jazz- cause I'm replacing all the bearings as well (at 34K miles) but found, it actually didn't need them, but I feel better knowing there all done and new for the next 34K miles:thumbup: So the WallyWorld tire shop had no issues with unmounting the old rear & putting the new rear tire on. Tho, I didn't ask them to balance the rear, as I'm going from others' recommendations and just putting Ride-On in it & I'll see how it works once the entire project is done ;)

MikeinGA
10-17-2012, 09:15 PM

:agree:

Black Pig
10-20-2012, 08:45 AM
What is this 'Ride on' thing??

boborgera
10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Sealer and balancer for tires, Don't know if there still a sponsor of Spyderlovers.?:dontknow:

obiwanbill
10-27-2012, 02:43 PM
19k miles on my OEM tires...still look cherry-new. Never heard of rotating them, but as they are directional treaded, the rubber would have to be removed and reversed.:doorag: