PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Pipe Sound

BajaRon
02-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Lamont - I was amazed at the difference in sound quality and volume between the stock can and the Warrior can. When you first put that Warrior muffler on your Spyder I didn't really think it made that much difference. It seemed a bit louder but not that much. And the sound was a bit deeper and throatier but again, not that much.

I thought that was surprising considering the openness and straight through design of the Warrior muffler. I guess I attributed it to the size of the muffler being able to absorb everything.

But as soon as they started mine at the dealership I instantly realized that there is, in fact, a big difference in sound and quality between the 2. It took me seconds to decide that a Warrior can was going to go on my Spyder. Not only does it look a lot better (reason enough) but it really sounds better. There is no way I can have yours sounding and looking THAT much better than mine. ;D

It's always harder to notice when something is better but when you go back to original the difference is much more noticeable.

That Warrior can was a stroke of genius! But then you've always been able to nail exhaust looks and sound. How do you do that when there are people that do that for a living that can't get it right!

Spydroe
02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
You should be able to pick up a warrior can real cheap by going to the warrior forum. I have one from my warrior that I think I'll put on until I get a carbon fiber one made from Area P, who we have already been talking to. The warrior pipe was the first thing the warrior owners got rid of. I remember people giving them away if people paid the freight. I will bet that you will find one for next to nothing.

Lamonster
02-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I think there might be a few ponies in there too. :doorag:

Spyderryder798
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Ok guys,
i have seen pictures of the warrior pipe and have heard from a few of you that it sounds much better, but....where the hell do i get one?...and who makes it?
One of the previous posts made it sound as if it was stock on a different motorcycle...is that right?

Lamonster
02-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Ok guys,
i have seen pictures of the warrior pipe and have heard from a few of you that it sounds much better, but....where the hell do i get one?...and who makes it?
One of the previous posts made it sound as if it was stock on a different motorcycle...is that right?

You can try ebay. Here's a pic of one on the bike.
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/60/0/home.aspx

Spyderryder798
02-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks LaMonster,

Is that a warrior pipe on your bike in your photo?

It looks great.
Does it have a much better sound than the stock one?

Lamonster
02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks LaMonster,

Is that a warrior pipe on your bike in your photo?

It looks great.
Does it have a much better sound than the stock one?

Yes, that is a stock Warrior pipe and it sounds great, better than stock I would say. Cheap too. :doorag: