PDA

View Full Version : Flashing lights

Erags
10-15-2012, 07:35 PM
On the way home tonight, was just cruising, in three gear, when the neutral and reverse light started flashing back and forth and the 3 changed to E. The :spyder2: was responding to throttle and was driving ok. Cheryl was on here bike behind me and she said that my tail lights was doing something funny, but she doesn't remember just what they were doing.

Looks like the GPS (Gear Position Sensor) maybe going out. Since I'm going to start my next round of Chemo, it will be a good time to take it in for repair.

Next time out I will take my camera, so I might be able to get video if it happens again. Just hope it throw a code. I have been having the Reverse and Neutral lights flashing back and forth when at high revs, but the :spyder2: would cut out. When in 2nd gear, and at high rev. the Neutral light flash and the :spyder2: would cut out also.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Arr MiHardies
10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
On the way home tonight, was just cruising, in three gear, when the neutral and reverse light started flashing back and forth and the 3 changed to E. The :spyder2: was responding to throttle and was driving ok. Cheryl was on here bike behind me and she said that my tail lights was doing something funny, but she doesn't remember just what they were doing.

Looks like the GPS (Gear Position Sensor) maybe going out. Since I'm going to start my next round of Chemo, it will be a good time to take it in for repair.

Next time out I will take my camera, so I might be able to get video if it happens again. Just hope it throw a code. I have been having the Reverse and Neutral lights flashing back and forth when at high revs, but the :spyder2: would cut out. When in 2nd gear, and at high rev. the Neutral light flash and the :spyder2: would cut out also.

I was going to say it sounds like the gear position sensor, but it looks like you've already figured that out.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Mine has been doing this for at least 2 yrs now, I don't know if the rear lights are effected or not. But the Spyder runs fine except for the Christmas show.......A friend of mine changed out the GPS unit to fix the problem on another Spyder and did not have to re-boot the " BUDS ", so if you change it you may be lucky also. .....Mike

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Did she notice if your taillights were signaling "S.O.S." in Morse code? :shocked: :roflblack:
Gear Position Sensor... :gaah:

NancysToy
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
I am not sure how the Spyder triggers the flashing 4-ways for reverse, but I would think it would be possible for a bad GPS to do so if it was popping back and forth to reverse. A new Gear Position Sensor should cure it, then.

NoJive
10-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Mine did the same thing recently, and I thought the sensor was bad. I pulled the sensor connector, made sure it was clean, and plugged in back in. Seems to have fixed it.

Lorcpol
10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
On the way home tonight, was just cruising, in three gear, when the neutral visit this (http://www.niceledlights.com) and reverse light started flashing back and forth and the 3 changed to E. The :spyder2: was responding to throttle and was driving ok. Cheryl was on here bike behind me and she said that my tail lights was doing something funny, but she doesn't remember just what they were doing.

You need to check connections with battery