PDA

View Full Version : New owner....Possibly

dave01
10-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Was at my dealer today and a couple were looking at the Lava Bronze RTS Limited. A salesman came over, knowing I was an owner and asked if I would talk to them. The usual questions: How does it handle, gas mileage, comfort, issues, etc. They are coming from a Harley dresser.
Lets just say I think they made a purchase after talking to me for almost an hour. Passed on the Spyderlovers website to them too, so be on the lookout for a new member from Clearwater. :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

warp10
10-15-2012, 07:42 PM
way to go, more members :2thumbs:

pro10is
10-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Great work but didn't you just say a few days ago you were done with Spyders? I hope you've since changed your mind, we need ambassadors like you.

ARtraveler
10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Way to go since you have had some problems with yours of late. I hope you dealer took notice and acts accordingly to do what it takes to get your :spyder2: fixed to your satisfaction.

dave01
10-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Great work but didn't you just say a few days ago you were done with Spyders? I hope you've since changed your mind, we need ambassadors like you.

I still have no negative feelings toward them when they run properly. Didnt want my problems that I have with mine to influence a possible new owner. All questions were answered honestly and they were happy to hear about long trips we have done without issues. Maybe mine is due to it being such an early release model. :dontknow::dontknow:

dave01
10-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Way to go since you have had some problems with yours of late. I hope you dealer took notice and acts accordingly to do what it takes to get your :spyder2: fixed to your satisfaction.

Thanks, just doing what I normally do. I think I have been in on at least 10 sales of spyders at my dealer. Its fun to see the new owners trying to figure out all of the doo-dads and stuff when they get thier new ride.

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 06:47 AM
Dave,
Thanks... :2thumbs: :firstplace:
We know that you've got an ongoing issue woth yours. Spreading the information to others is what we as owners can do to help grow our sport!:thumbup:

dave01
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Dave,
Thanks... :2thumbs: :firstplace:
We know that you've got an ongoing issue woth yours. Spreading the information to others is what we as owners can do to help grow our sport!:thumbup:

Bob, I feel that with more Spyders on the road, issues will surface quicker and corrections can be made to them in a timely manner. The spyders have been out since 2008 so many changes have taken place and with the release of the 2013's, many more to come. Strength in numbers. LOL

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
:agree: :2thumbs:
So... is your Avatar the next ride on your list?? :thumbup:
(Does Doc know? :shocked:)

dave01
10-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Just a cool looking picture. LOL I was looking for some of my old Phantom to put up there

docdoru
10-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Lets just say I think they made a purchase after talking to me for almost an hour.
They are talking with me know....:opps: ;)

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Well something's gonna happen... :shocked:
But what?? :bbq::bbq::bbq:

dave01
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
They are talking with me know....:opps: ;)

Oh-No

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Dave,
I would have thought that you'd be talking to "You know who" about "Those that may not be named" due your relative proximities... ;)
Just sayin'... :dontknow:

BajaRon
10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Bob, I feel that with more Spyders on the road, issues will surface quicker and corrections can be made to them in a timely manner. The spyders have been out since 2008 so many changes have taken place and with the release of the 2013's, many more to come. Strength in numbers. LOL

So, what is the latest on your Spyder?

dave01
10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
So, what is the latest on your Spyder?

Ron, got a late start getting her in the shop, but she is there right now. They are supposed to call BRP today and ask what to do with it. The battery drained down to 9.1 volts by this morning. My tech is lost, other than replacing every wire and electrical component on the spyder. Many draw tests done, parts replaced, etc. And I really thought they had it the last time. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Nothing can more frustrating than electrical issues... :gaah: Well here's hoping that they find and fix it this time! :cheers: :thumbup:

wyliec
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Ron, got a late start getting her in the shop, but she is there right now. They are supposed to call BRP today and ask what to do with it. The battery drained down to 9.1 volts by this morning. My tech is lost, other than replacing every wire and electrical component on the spyder. Many draw tests done, parts replaced, etc. And I really thought they had it the last time. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

I remember a post from Sept. 2011 concerning your frustration with the battery draining when the spyder was not in use. Wow, a year has passed and no progress? Good luck.

dave01
10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I remember a post from Sept. 2011 concerning your frustration with the battery draining when the spyder was not in use. Wow, a year has passed and no progress? Good luck.

Yep, been well over a year dealing with this stuff.

DaveInWoodland
10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
I haven't posted much and have appreciated the pms and other info that I have received from some, most helpful, unfortunately many rude as well. But I must say that as a collective Spyder owners have to be the most patient, easy going people I have ever seen.

In my old business I would of loved to have you as my customers. Personally I couldn't handle the seemingly common issues many of you have had with an expensive piece of equipment. My hat is off to you for that. I couldn't do it.

May the road treat you kind and your dealers treat you better.

dave01
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
I haven't posted much and have appreciated the pms and other info that I have received from some, most helpful, unfortunately many rude as well. But I must say that as a collective Spyder owners have to be the most patient, easy going people I have ever seen.

In my old business I would of loved to have you as my customers. Personally I couldn't handle the seemingly common issues many of you have had with an expensive piece of equipment. My hat is off to you for that. I couldn't do it.

May the road treat you kind and your dealers treat you better.

Thanks Dave, We try to keep a level head, but sometimes we slip a little.