PDA

View Full Version : Need parts.

billybovine
10-15-2012, 01:26 PM
It looks like someone in Quebec is parting out a wrecked RS. They claim it only had a 1000 miles on it. If you are in the market for some used parts maybe worth looking at.

http://stores.ebay.ca/liquidation-power-sport/SPYDER-/_i.html?_fsub=4069703011&_sid=1089513871&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

MikeinGA
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
It looks like someone in Quebec is parting out a wrecked RS. They claim it only had a 1000 miles on it. If you are in the market for some used parts maybe worth looking at.

http://stores.ebay.ca/liquidation-power-sport/SPYDER-/_i.html?_fsub=4069703011&_sid=1089513871&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Before you buy a used parts, like the engine, check the engine number with BRP to make sure it's not stolen. That's IMHO.

Mike

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 07:29 AM
:agree:
Good Point! :thumbup:

billybovine
10-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Before you buy a used parts, like the engine, check the engine number with BRP to make sure it's not stolen. That's IMHO.

Mike

How would BRP know if it was stolen?

DrewNJ
10-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't know about the spyders but going to assume it's similar....With the seadoo jetskis your personal info can be put into the system the first time the ski is hooked up to BUDS. From there the motor and ecu numbers are stored (don't know about other components). It's my understanding the dealer can mark it as stolen and items can be flagged.
However, with a motor the dealer would have to physically look at the motor number, assuming the motor was put into another machine. Ecu's would show up when plugged in.

Again, this is what I was told on the seadoo side. Also, from what I'm told, not many dealers do this. Stolen seadoo skis are SUPER common. The supercharged motor makes great power, is easy to modify for more, is reliable, and easy to adapt to different hulls......faster hulls.

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 11:49 AM
You could always check the number with the LEOs in your area. I'm sure that they could check on it.

billybovine
10-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Some years ago BRP created the DESS system in Ski-doo, Sea-doo and maybe some of their other products to have the capability of storing the name and address of the owner in the system. It appeared to be a good idea at the time. The machine was brought in for repair or service and the names did not match, the dealer would have to ask why. The problem was it was controlled by the dealers and anyone else that had a BUDS system could change the information in DESS. It appears that function has been abandoned in the DESS in Spyders.

When a motor vehicle is stolen no one tells the manufacturer. So how would BRP know. Vehicle registration agencies keep a database of stolen motor vehicles but doubt if many would have major component serial numbers as part of that database. Then there is the sharing of information between agencies, some do not share much if any with others.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Just a thought, besides not buying something that may be stolen..................Be sure it RUNS......IMHO..Mike

MikeinGA
10-17-2012, 09:11 PM
How would BRP know if it was stolen?

BRP gets notice when a bike is stolen. When the bike is sold new BRP gets the sales information. Some car companies do this also.

Mike