PDA

View Full Version : Horns

muonwhiz
10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Have any of you replaced the factory horn with something more powerful? If so, what did you use and are you satisfied with it? I know kevorama posted a how to to install a horn, but he had some trouble with the size of the thing. Anyone out there get a real blaster?

mooneych
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Have any of you replaced the factory horn with something more powerful? If so, what did you use and are you satisfied with it? I know kevorama posted a how to to install a horn, but he had some trouble with the size of the thing. Anyone out there get a real blaster?

Stebel makes a great horn. Plugs right in. Make sure you install it "face down", so no water gets in. :doorag:

Search other threads on this subject. It has received quite a lot of coverage. :bdh:

Enjoy!

MouthPiece
10-15-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1343289

Bob Denman
10-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Stebel makes a great horn. Plugs right in. Make sure you install it "face down", so no water gets in. :doorag:

Search other threads on this subject. It has received quite a lot of coverage. :bdh:

Enjoy!

:agree: Stebel's the way to go! :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-15-2012, 11:24 PM
I turned the factory horn on my 08 GS around so it now faces forward and it made a big difference in how loud it is......it also survived the un-believeable rain at S.I.T.A. so I don't think it's effected by water...Mike......

Enjoy!:thumbup:

rollingstone
10-16-2012, 02:09 AM
If space is too tight for the Stebel, the horn section can be separated from the compressor and then run a piece of plastic tubing between the two parts.

Robert

ThreeWheels
10-16-2012, 02:34 AM
The Stebel or Wolo both fit in the OEM location.
All you need is a bracket fabricated to mount the horn.
USE A RELAY TO POWER THE HORN.

MouthPiece
10-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Do they make a roadrunner horn?

Chris

harrypottar
10-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Here's a link to one in the DIY section

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32217-Mounting-a-Stebel-Nautilus-Air-Horn-on-the-RT

Harry

Cavman
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I connected a relay from the OEM horn connector to operate a BadBoy horn that I mounted on the right side, same location as the OEM on the left. The OEM is still on the bike. It works with key off as normal. The BadBoy only works with the OEM with the key on. Dual horns. Better attention getter.
The BadBoy gets it's power from the Fuze box.

AbNormy
10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Cavman
10-17-2012, 10:23 PM
MouthPiece try a Plymouth dealer...oh wait, they don't have those any more. :banghead:
I was thinking you could get a horn for a Roadrunner car. Might check at a junk yard.

NancysToy
10-17-2012, 10:29 PM
MouthPiece try a Plymouth dealer...oh wait, they don't have those any more. :banghead:
I was thinking you could get a horn for a Roadrunner car. Might check at a junk yard.

A VW horn would do...oh wait, aren't they six volt? :D