PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Can Am Spyder RSS SE5

stussy5555
10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Do you guys know when the 2013 models will be in dealerships? Also, what a reasonable out the door price on one will be in Florida?

Thanks

elixermixer
10-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Best thing to do is call around. But leverage is hard when it's the 13 model and it's still 12... Unless they predict poor sales most will probably stick close to msrp. You probably have a better chance negotiating accessories and set up fees etc than base price this early in the season. But who knows roll the dice an take a swing worst case is they say no and u say no.

Laila's Dad
10-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah I am not sure when they will be available in Orlando(side note: I was in Orlando for 2 months this summer caring for a loved one. I love your city!). My dealer in Texas said they will have the 2013's before Christmas, but folks had already put in orders before they ever saw them. Maybe you could get a good deal by ordering one before they actually are available? As a last ditch effort you could tell the salesman that since it is a threat of rain every couple of days there he had better give you a good deal while you are willing to buy.:D

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 07:13 AM
I seem to recall that January has been kicked around as possible... :dontknow:

bullant12
10-18-2012, 04:51 PM
One of the dealers in my area expects a ST SE5 to arrive at the end of the month or Mid November...:dontknow::pray:

ARtraveler
10-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Wasn't that a dealer in Quebec where we saw the video this AM? That looked like a for sale vehicle to me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-18-2012, 10:53 PM
The day they get there.....and more than last year....:agree: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack:

Ga Blue Knight
10-19-2012, 02:10 AM
I have heard from my dealer that the smaller dealers will be getting them around late Jan and early Feb. The bigger more productive dealers with lots of sales history most likely will get them first in late Nov to early Dec. in any case he said they expect them to move out the door pretty quickly and early deposits would be a good idea as they will not have any real control over colors or which model will be shipped. They do a years request of what they want but each bike is shipped when its shipped and the dealer does not know what's coming in into the crate shows up.

Laila's Dad
10-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I saw that the 2013 RS-S will have cruise control. I am not experienced enough to use that feature yet, but for those of you that have been riding for a while, do you think you will use that on the RS-S a lot? I know for a fact I will need a cramp buster because your hand can get tired pretty quick on the throddle.

Tigger
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Definitely need cruise control. :bowdown:

ARtraveler
10-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I use the cruise control a lot--but I do a lot of highway commuting.

Laila's Dad
10-20-2012, 12:56 AM
I use the cruise control a lot--but I do a lot of highway commuting.

Yeah if you can get a good stretch of highway the cruise control seems like a great feature. I haven't driven my spyder too far yet but my hand still gets tired a little from the throttle. I may have to get some type of crampbuster real soon.

Ga Blue Knight
10-20-2012, 05:32 AM
Yeah if you can get a good stretch of highway the cruise control seems like a great feature. I haven't driven my spyder too far yet but my hand still gets tired a little from the throttle. I may have to get some type of crampbuster real soon.

You may not need the cramp buster. I had one on my RS with cable throttle linkage and it worked great but the new 2013 RS-S will be fly by wire throttle linkage like my new RT-S and it is a much lighter twist to operate. I've put several thousand miles on it now and no cramping in the right hand. It was one of the reasons I went with the RT (besides about a dozen more!).

mcaccamise
10-20-2012, 09:06 PM
I have ridden my 2012 RSS SM5 hundreds of miles and never needed the cruise the throttle is light and my hand has never cramped up yet though having a 13 modle it won hurt to have it as standard.
Mike Love my :spyder2:

Derek Paisley
10-21-2012, 07:36 AM
I find that on the SE5, a cruise would be nice.

I have the throttle boss, yet when I want to release the throttle to re-adjust my grip it will initiate an engine slowdown.

I miss the clutch due to that.

D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD (SpYder ver. RSS)

2012 Spyder RSS
Matte Black & Green
Hindle Exhaust
Shorter Sport Blacked out Wndshield
Black ISO Grips with Green Accent rings
Matching Mono Seat Cowl (Velcro attachment)
Matching SportsRack
Matching BackRest
K&N Air Filter
Two Brothers Juice Box Pro
BRP HID lighting
Trunk liner (not overly impressed with)
Knee Pads
Throttle Boss

spydermyke990
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
i was set on an sts for a while, but for some reason this red-skinned creature with horns on its head and breath like a sewer pipe keeps sitting on my shoulder and whispering, "join the dark siiide! get the rss!" im thinking of the black/burnt orange version. :spyder2:

Bob Denman
01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_15.gif Join the "Dark Side!" :shocked: