PDA

View Full Version : All Day Ride Sunday

mrmichaelg
10-15-2012, 06:30 AM
The Collective Web :ani29:is planning another ride for Sunday Oct 21,2012. More information to follow.

mrmichaelg
10-15-2012, 12:20 PM
We will be meeting up at Elliott's Diner 4501 Pennell Rd Aston Pa 19014 around 9:30 or so. From Jersey it will be two starting points.The first starting point will be at the Wawa, Route 322 and 555 (Tuckahoe Road) we will meet at 7:30 and leave no later than 7:45. To meet up with the second point of departure the diner in Mulica Hill, Route 45 and 322. We will leave there around 8:30, heading to Elliott's Diner.Come out and join us. More details for the actual ride is coming, stay tuned. (http://www.elliottsrestaurant.com/ordereze/default.aspx)http://www.elliottsrestaurant.com/ordereze/default.aspx
(http://www.elliottsrestaurant.com/ordereze/default.aspx)

Dwanton
10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I am gonna try my best to meet up at 730 and ride to the dinner for breakfast , but I can't spend my whole Sunday riding - Sunday is my only day off , so I need to spend some time home , and most likely cleaning leaves and maybe sneak in a nap - LOL !

DrewNJ
10-16-2012, 12:42 PM
We are still working on the exact route through PA. However, figure from the Aston PA area where Elliots is out toward Lancaster and looping up, around, and back to the same area coming back across the CB bridge. My buddy Joe used to live out there so he knows the area pretty well.

We ran this route through Amish country early in the season and if I remember correct door to door for me was just over 200 miles. :ohyea: With very little highway riding.

It's 90+% back country roads (just a bit of 4 laners), hills, twisties and overall just really good Amish country riding. Plenty of fuel, scenery and break stops and we'll find a place for lunch.

It truely is a beautiful ride if you guys can make it. You'll be tired at the end of the day......:)
Doug

spyder3
10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm going to try and make this one. Need to check soccer schedules and wife's schedule. I'll be a late entry no doubt.

john

DrewNJ
10-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Ok all,
Attached is a .pdf that we came up with for a proposed ride route. This doesn't have to be written in stone and we can cut it shorter if you all want, or the weather doesn't cooperate etc etc.

This puts you right in the middle of Amish country and it's as back road and hilly as it gets as you get further west.

Let me know if anyone has any questions and it will be good to see everyone there.
Doug

DrewNJ
10-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I know the attachment is small and kinda hard to read and see the highlight. I had to make it small to upload here. If you want the full size version shoot me a quick email. dougadams55 at g mail dot com
Doug

spyder3
10-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Def a nice ride throughout the Amish country. Dodging horse :cus: is fun too..:roflblack:

mrmichaelg
10-18-2012, 06:00 AM
looking good,:yes::yes::yes: I'll let the other ones know by phone. Thanks for you help.

MindlessMuse
10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
I think I am going to try to make this as well.

(white RS :spyder2: from Scooter/Spyder rally)

Have to double check a few things...but I am going to try.

kentompkins
10-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Michael....

I should be there to meet you at the first stop west of Williamstown (where 322 and 555 cross). That's about an hour from here. Looking forward to it.

Do you know how many are signed up to go?

ken tompkins

mrmichaelg
10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Michael....

I should be there to meet you at the first stop west of Williamstown (where 322 and 555 cross). That's about an hour from here. Looking forward to it.

Do you know how many are signed up to go?

ken tompkins
It should be about 10 coming from NJ

spyder3
10-20-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm good to go for this...as of right now. see you guys in the AM..not sure where yet...:dontknow:

Dwanton
10-20-2012, 06:16 PM
I am meeting up with a couple spyders at 7:10 in the super wawa parking lot at rte 54 and rte 40 in Buena and heading over to the first meeting spot .

The 3 of us will be just going for breakfast at the dinner and not the ride in PA . Head back home after the meet greet and eat !

Dwanton
10-21-2012, 04:30 PM
dont know why they turned out so dark but -- they show the good turn out -- and ride --

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/102112.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/1021122.jpg

kentompkins
10-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to day how wonderful yesterday's ride was: perfect weather, fabulous roads and good folks to ride with. It doesn't get much better than that. Also, I have never ridden in the area before so it was all new to me. That made it even better.

I'm ready for the next one.

kt

spyder3
10-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Great day riding with some real nice people. Whats next? Special thanks to Joe for leading the way down some great roads.:thumbup:

DrewNJ
10-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Agreed! Great time for sure. I know we ended up running longer than expected, but it was a fantastic ride. :doorag:

Champagne
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
had a great time. Great ride I couldn't get back there if you pay me. some of them roads
i couldn't look up. The curves The hills was fun too I must say. When u hit top it felt like a elevator with the drop on the other side. Nice people good times let's do it again.

mrmichaelg
10-23-2012, 06:11 AM
The Collective Web:ani29:, has done it again. This the second week in a row, we have put together a successful rides:yes::yes:. Would like to thank everyone that came out and joined us, for a fun full day:clap::clap:. We are planning more ride in the future, stay tuned. If you have any suggestions for rides, check us out in the group/club portion of the forum. Give us your suggestions.