PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity how many people have hot foot problem

Champagne
10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
And if you have hot foot problem what did you do to resolve the issue. I have all winter to work on this issue.
Maybe if BRP see this is a issue and enough people respond maybe able come up with a solution
so between the spyder lover community and BRP Corporation let's resolve this issue so we can enjoy our spyders all year round:yes:

staysafeonline
10-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Check out spyderpops stuff - he is a site sponsor

dave01
10-15-2012, 07:12 AM
And if you have hot foot problem what did you do to resolve the issue. I have all winter to work on this issue.
Maybe if BRP see this is a issue and enough people respond maybe able come up with a solution
so between the spyder lover community and BRP Corporation let's resolve this issue so we can enjoy our spyders all year round:yes:

I ride with tennis shoes on and in shorts part of the time and have not experienced this HOT FOOT syndrome. No block-off plates and I use the ESI scuff guards for highway pegs too.

rollingstone
10-15-2012, 07:49 AM
No, I haven't had that problem as yet but in Australia we are going into summer soon as you are going into winter. I'll reserve judgment for now.

Rob

shelbydave
10-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Wearing sneakers, I have noticed that side is hotter than the left side, but it was never to the point of discomfort. Riding in shorts was another story. My right shin would get very hot.

MarkLawson
10-15-2012, 08:05 AM
I understand from those who've test ridden the 2013's (Lamont, Faran, Fred), BRP has addressed this issue. For those who have an earlier model (aka: all the rest of us), there are a number of products available. SpyderPops has a host of mods for both the GS/RS and the RT. I have several of his products on our two Spyders. They help.

leenanj
10-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I know you people that have a hot Spyder hate to hear about us that ride in shorts and tennis shoes and have no problems.

Its been in the upper 90's here all summer and no problems for us, no mods to the air flow.

Now that the cooler weather is here my wife says she wish it would throw a little more heat out because after adding the Seal floor pups the wife says she don't feel any heat.

Dustybell
10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I ride in jeans or mesh pants over my jeans and my cowboy boots. I've not noticed any heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Grandpa Spyder
10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
How many people don't have Hot foot problem.

dave01
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM

Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warp10
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
i ride with feet on pegs, no problem. :ohyea:

plescaille
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't have a problem but I wear boots 95% of the time. :f_spider:

safecracker
10-15-2012, 07:49 PM
I have had no problems so far. I ride 90% of the time with work boots on.

Netminder
10-15-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't!

Tomite
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I've had the hot foot problem and my riding partner (6 yr old son) has complained when we're stopped at a light that his right foot and let get too hot. Haven't done any mods yet but we've only had it 2 months. Sure we'll do some before next summer.

Bob Denman
10-16-2012, 07:36 AM
I have not noticed any difficulties with the heat from my RT either. :thumbup:
BUT! :shocked:
I have my ISCI 'Boards mounted in the lowest position; perhaps I've got my feet down low enough that they're out of the cooker??? :dontknow:
AND...
Diabetic Neuropathy prevents me from feeling a whole lot with my feet anyway.. :opps:
(Approaching 48 years as a Type I...)

Rar
10-16-2012, 07:54 AM

i ride with sneakers and do NOT have a heat problem.

billpowell
10-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Our :spyder2: had the hot foot problem til we got the block off plate from SpyderPops, check his stuff out:clap:

murphybrown
10-16-2012, 10:35 AM
After installing the Spyderpops mod took care of my hot foot problem...I ryde in boots, t-shoes and crocs!!!! and no longer have issue, thank you Spyderpops. 2010 RTSE5
Still ryding here altho windy today love fall...see snow on the top of our local mt...but gorgeous...got some much needed rain yesterday (yes I was ryding) so the smoke is gone...sooooo nice clear fresh air and blue skies...nothing better ryding in the fall...well then there is ryding in Nov., Spring..Summer...ah heck just ryding works for me!! :yes::yes: so guess I'd better get out of my jammies and just take my own advice...:thumbup:

can-am sam
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
I have never experienced the "hot foot" condition. I always were boots. Must be lucky.