PDA

View Full Version : HI VENTURA, CA.

sealfloorboards
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
My sweetheart an I are in Ventura, vacationing, for about 5 days. I trailered my RT from OR.
We want to ride up to Santa Barbara, then to Solvang past the lake. Would love to meet another Spyder Couple for the ride or anywhere else in the area. Come out and play :yes::clap::yes:

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

MRH
10-15-2012, 12:49 AM
I'll be in the Solvang area the week of the 29th with my wife and time to ride. I'm assuming we'll miss each other but let me know if our timing matches up and I'll show you around wine country.

Mark

(I just noticed the five day note, but feel free to PM me for good wine tasting suggestions; I know the area very well.)

Pandy
10-15-2012, 03:15 AM
"I trailered my RT from OR"

Is it broken?:sour:

Patrick

MRH
10-15-2012, 08:26 AM
While I'm thinking about it, Foxen Canyon (Los Olivos going most of the way to Santa Maria) is a great ride. You can either turn around at Destination "C" on the map link below, or continue on the 101 to get back more quickly. There is a place called Pappy's at the Freeway (mediocre Google reviews, but I had a good Tri Tip Sandwich there).
http://goo.gl/maps/RpzHp

You can also take the 135/1 to the 1 to Lompoc (you can cut into Lompoc if you like, but I didn't do that on the map - its not that interesting of a town) and then either cut back on the 246 (watch for cops as you enter Buellton) or take Santa Rosa Road that, again, is a great ride. So, here is the second part of the trip if you have time to do it (or start with this one if you prefer):
http://goo.gl/maps/WIUwT

MRH
10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
And, of course, although to me it isn't as interesting, your perfectly situated to pick up PCH (California 1) and take it south to Santa Monica along the beach; I'd return by the same route.

sealfloorboards
10-15-2012, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=Pandy;529908]"I trailered my RT from OR"

Is it broken?:sour:

Patrick[/QUOTE
No Patrick, not broken, I'm on my way to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Take care and.....

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal Floorboards

sealfloorboards
10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
And, of course, although to me it isn't as interesting, your perfectly situated to pick up PCH (California 1) and take it south to Santa Monica along the beach; I'd return by the same route.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for all the great info. Sorry we will miss you guys, another time...maybe SITR 13 or Spyderfest.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal Floorboards