PDA

View Full Version : Georgia - Jericho House Pancake Breakfast

MarkLawson
10-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Anyone interested? The Jericho House is a ministry to help men battling addiction. $5.00 a plate on November 3rd, 8:00 AM to noon in Cleveland, GA. I was thinking maybe a group might take a ride to have some pancakes.

http://thejerichohouse.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31%3Apancake-breakfast-november-3rd-2012&catid=1%3Afront-page-blog&Itemid=1

Tomite
10-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh man, wish I could. My son has his Bike Rodeo with the Cub Scouts that day. You guys have fun and eat some for me. lol

MarkLawson
10-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Bump

Yol Bolsun
10-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Anyone interested? The Jericho House is a ministry to help men battling addiction. $5.00 a plate on November 3rd, 8:00 AM to noon in Cleveland, GA. I was thinking maybe a group might take a ride to have some pancakes.

http://thejerichohouse.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31%3Apancake-breakfast-november-3rd-2012&catid=1%3Afront-page-blog&Itemid=1

Mel (sewnonnie) and I are in, (weather permitting). We will be riders only, looking forward to someone else's lead ;)

PS: Mel is expecting MaryLou on Saturday for the Teahouse run.

Hawk
10-18-2012, 06:25 AM
What time you plan on heading out? Not too far from the Smith House in Dahlonega for a late lunch/early dinner. Its all about the eats!!! ;)

MarkLawson
10-18-2012, 07:12 AM
What time you plan on heading out? Not too far from the Smith House in Dahlonega for a late lunch/early dinner. Its all about the eats!!! ;)

I was thinking about leaving the house at around 9:00, but have not discussed it yet with my sweet wife. It could be pretty chilly that early, so we'll see...

Being type 2 diabetic, I'll probably won't eat. I do like the Smith House idea later in the day.

Yol Bolsun
10-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Leave it to Can-Am to make short notice announcements. Got invitations to see the new Spyder lineup at the International Motorcycle Shows - Atlanta and a Can-Am Gathering at 2 pm.

Just thinkin...
9:03 AM 0 Depart Lawrenceville,
10:00 AM 54.3 Arrive Cleveland for Pancake Breakfast
11:00 AM 54.3 Depart Cleveland
12:15 PM 128.1 Arrive Cobb Galleria
2:00 PM Can-Am Gathering
3:15 PM 128.1 Depart Cobb Galleria
3:50 PM 159.7 Arrive Lawrenceville

MarkLawson
10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Leave it to Can-Am to make short notice announcements. Got invitations to see the new Spyder lineup at the International Motorcycle Shows - Atlanta and a Can-Am Gathering at 2 pm.

Just thinkin...
9:03 AM 0 Depart Lawrenceville,
10:00 AM 54.3 Arrive Cleveland for Pancake Breakfast
11:00 AM 54.3 Depart Cleveland
12:15 PM 128.1 Arrive Cobb Galleria
2:00 PM Can-Am Gathering
3:15 PM 128.1 Depart Cobb Galleria
3:50 PM 159.7 Arrive Lawrenceville

You're a special man Keith!

Yol Bolsun
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
You're a special man Keith!

Truth be known, I set out to prove to Melanie (it was her idea originally) that both events would not be possible. Au contraire, not only is it possible but appears that it could be a nice ride to boot (weather permitting).

Mark, can you suggest a meeting place in Lawrenceville for an 0900 departure? If this looks doable, I will post times for Buford, Flowery Branch and other key points so folks could join as we ride thru if they so desire.

As I said before, just thinkin' (out loud).

MarkLawson
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Truth be known, I set out to prove to Melanie (it was her idea originally) that both events would not be possible. Au contraire, not only is it possible but appears that it could be a nice ride to boot (weather permitting).

Mark, can you suggest a meeting place in Lawrenceville for an 0900 departure? If this looks doable, I will post times for Buford, Flowery Branch and other key points so folks could join as we ride thru if they so desire.

As I said before, just thinkin' (out loud).

Let's meet at the QuikTrip at:

5095 Oakbrook Parkway
Norcross, GA 30093

This QT is about 1/4 mile east of I-85 at the Indian Trail exit. It actually faces Indian Trail.

See you at 9:00 AM!

By the way, there is a motorcycle ride after the breakfast. $20 Donation.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56344&d=1351304135 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1424&attachmentid=41665)

Yol Bolsun
10-26-2012, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=MarkLawson;535072]Let's meet at the QuikTrip at:

5095 Oakbrook Parkway
Norcross, GA 30093

This QT is about 1/4 mile east of I-85 at the Indian Trail exit. It actually faces Indian Trail.

See you at 9:00 AM! [from Yol Bolsun - G&BE]

By the way, there is a motorcycle ride after the breakfast. $20 Donation. [from YB;) - likely make donation (for the cause) but really want to head on to Cobb Galleria]

cracker
10-29-2012, 09:59 AM
If Skosh and I go we will meet y'all at Jerico's.

sewnonnie
10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
If Skosh and I go we will meet y'all at Jerico's.

Hope to see you there

MarkLawson
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning!

Yol Bolsun
10-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Ok, a bit tighter timeline...

9:00 AM........0........Depart QuikTrip [5095 Oakbrook Pkwy NW, Norcross, GA 30093]
9:20 AM......23.7......At Exit 12,
10:03 AM....60.7......Arrive Jericho House [976 E Kytle St, Cleveland, GA 30528]
11:03 AM....60.7......Depart Cleveland, GA
12:19 PM...134.5......Arrive Cobb Galleria [2 Galleria Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339]
15:42 PM...154.5......Arrive QuikTrip [5095 Oakbrook Pkwy NW, Norcross, GA 30093]

And updated map [click on map for larger pic]

Chief One
10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
So looking forward to this and then realized I have to work!
AFJROTC has Empty Stocking Fund Raiser this Saterday.
Hope to see all of you on the next one!
Anybody going to the bike show Sunday vs Saterday?

Chief
:mad::banghead:

PAul
10-31-2012, 01:37 PM
So looking forward to this and then realized I have to work!
AFJROTC has Empty Stocking Fund Raiser this Saterday.
Hope to see all of you on the next one!
Anybody going to the bike show Sunday vs Saterday?

Chief
:mad::banghead:

Will ride with Keith or anyone else to pancake breakfast. Sounds like a worthwhile ride,
then to Cobb galleria for the can am show.
paul

PAul
10-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Mel (sewnonnie) and I are in, (weather permitting). We will be riders only, looking forward to someone else's lead ;)

PS: Mel is expecting MaryLou on Saturday for the Teahouse run.
Keith, will meet you exit 12 I985 9:20 am Saturday. See you then, will notify Hazel.
Paul:yes:

MarkLawson
11-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Bump

Hawk
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Been on vacation this week, was out of town. Looks like I will not be able to make it. I was sick the entire time we were on vacation, headed back to Dr. today. Bad sinus infection, cough, sore throat, and I think I may have pink eye. Already went through one round of antibiotics. So we will have to pass. On top of that, the day before we left, my rear air bag went back to manual mode AGAIN!!! So it need to go back in anyway. Probably will not even get to drop that off till next week. What a way to spend your vacation, I think I am cursed!!!! Have fun guys!!! Sorry we will not get to see you. Looks like tomorrow is gonna be a nice day for a ride too!!!

MarkLawson
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Been on vacation this week, was out of town. Looks like I will not be able to make it. I was sick the entire time we were on vacation, headed back to Dr. today. Bad sinus infection, cough, sore throat, and I think I may have pink eye. Already went through one round of antibiotics. So we will have to pass. On top of that, the day before we left, my rear air bag went back to manual mode AGAIN!!! So it need to go back in anyway. Probably will not even get to drop that off till next week. What a way to spend your vacation, I think I am cursed!!!! Have fun guys!!! Sorry we will not get to see you. Looks like tomorrow is gonna be a nice day for a ride too!!!

I think the rear bag going to manual mode is a sure sign of low engine oil level! ;)

You get to feeling better real soon!

Hawk
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I think the rear bag going to manual mode is a sure sign of low engine oil level! ;)

Oh, shut up!!! :opps:;)

Yol Bolsun
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM

You get to feeling better real soon!

Oh, shut up!!! :opps:;)

:roflblack::roflblack: and ditto on the 'get to feeling better'.

PS: rumor has it that the new models are on the truck headed for MMS.

Hawk
11-02-2012, 06:58 PM
:roflblack::roflblack: and ditto on the 'get to feeling better'.

PS: rumor has it that the new models are on the truck headed for MMS.
No pink eye but they are infected along with sinuses. On some strong antibiotics and other meds' 91 bucks worth. Hope that knocks it out. Let me know how the pancakes were.

Yol Bolsun
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
This turned into a wonderful day. Had all-you-can eat pancakes and sausage and great fellowship with some of the GSR regulars (MarkLawson, Cracker and Skosh) plus PAul and his BETTER half. We then went to the ATL Motorcycle Show and ran into many more of the GSRs and probably many future GSRs. The new Spyders are very nice but nothing that I have-to-have (at this point) that is, pending a test ride which my dealer (Bloke) told me a should not take.

Thanks to all that made this a special day. (Missed you Hawk and Tammy)

MarkLawson
11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
This turned into a wonderful day. Had all-you-can eat pancakes and sausage and great fellowship with some of the GSR regulars (MarkLawson, Cracker and Skosh) plus PAul and his BETTER half. We then went to the ATL Motorcycle Show and ran into many more of the GSRs and probably many future GSRs. The new Spyders are very nice but nothing that I have-to-have (at this point) that is, pending a test ride which my dealer (Bloke) told me a should not take.

Thanks to all that made this a special day. (Missed you Hawk and Tammy)

Thanks to all who came along and made the day great! Started out chilly, but turned into a beautiful day. I fully enjoyed the time at the Jericho House. Loved the BRP display in what was a disappointing show otherwise. Saw Tuck, but didn't have a chance to visit with him. Keith & Melanie bought some new Shoei helmets. They look nice! Enjoyed visiting with PAul & Ann Barnes. Great couple! Look forward to spending more time with them. And to top it off, we got to hang out with Hazel & Darcy! Now what could be better? Also saw DoubleTrouble & Cavman at the BRP display.

Great day!

Hawk
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks to all who came along and made the day great! Started out chilly, but turned into a beautiful day. I fully enjoyed the time at the Jericho House. Loved the BRP display in what was a disappointing show otherwise. Saw Tuck, but didn't have a chance to visit with him. Keith & Melanie bought some new Shoei helmets. They look nice! Enjoyed visiting with PAul & Ann Barnes. Great couple! Look forward to spending more time with them. And to top it off, we got to hang out with Hazel & Darcy! Now what could be better? Also saw DoubleTrouble & Cavman at the BRP display.

Great day!

Sorry I missed it guys!! Hope to see yall soon!!