PDA

View Full Version : My first ride on our RT (as a driver)

DocRags
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM
I finally got behind the wheel of the RT and rode (with Erags in the b:cus: seat). Not very far, mind you, since I had no ID on me whatsoever :yikes: (not that it had the M endorsement on it, anyway). We took another ride over to the 20 ft spider after the RT was in for its first service. Now I've just got to fit in a motorcycle safety class in between Erags' doctor appointments and hospital stays. Anyone else spot anything strange in those woods?

NancysToy
10-13-2012, 08:11 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

bruiser
10-13-2012, 08:44 PM
You go girl!!!! :2excited: That's a rare rusty spider, be careful, they're considered extremely venomous :gaah:And there's a T Rex on the prowl :yikes:

ARtraveler
10-13-2012, 08:59 PM
:congrats: :clap::clap::clap:

SpyderAnn01
10-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Spiders and dinasours oh my! Do you have a learner's permit? Get yourself one of those and you should be able to ride solo with Erags on his Spyder. Have fun.

Rar
10-14-2012, 08:25 AM
:yes::yes: :yes: You look AWESOME!!

Do you have to do the MSF course on a two wheeler, or can you do it on your Spyder? As SpyderAnne says, if you have your Learners Permit, you can still ride solo, having Erags close by.

Bob Denman
10-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Awesome job! :2thumbs: :clap:

DocRags
10-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Spiders and dinasours oh my! Do you have a learner's permit?
Florida doesn't HAVE learner's permits. I'm hoping to take another motorcycle safety class soon (hopefully on a scooter), so I'll be legal. Rode around our neighborhood by myself later the same day we visited spiders and dinosaurs.

Rar
10-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Florida doesn't HAVE learner's permits. I'm hoping to take another motorcycle safety class soon (hopefully on a scooter), so I'll be legal. Rode around our neighborhood by myself later the same day we visited spiders and dinosaurs.

No Learners Permit? :hun: How do folks learn to drive?

johnandginger
10-14-2012, 10:22 PM
:yes::yes: :yes: You look AWESOME!!

Do you have to do the MSF course on a two wheeler, or can you do it on your Spyder? As SpyderAnne says, if you have your Learners Permit, you can still ride solo, having Erags close by.

get on brp website and check too see if your state requires a motorcycle endorsement and if motorcycle tests are offered useing Spyder to take test,if so where the locations are for your paticular state good luck

james danny
10-14-2012, 10:25 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

harrypottar
10-15-2012, 06:02 AM
No Learners permit, that explains a lot :roflblack:

glad your enjoying the drivers seat, much more fun than being on the back.:clap:

harry

CyncySpyder
10-15-2012, 06:26 AM
:shocked::yikes::yes: It becomes VERY addictive :yes::yikes::shocked:

Bob Denman
10-15-2012, 06:59 AM

I think that might be "Darwinism" boiled down to it's most practical implementation... :shocked: :roflblack:

plescaille
10-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Yeaaa for you!!!:yes::ohyea:

denviola
10-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Love the pics, thanks! Spotted the dino, and of course love the Limited! The color just sparkles in the sun!

DocRags
10-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Very cautiously! (If there are any LEO's on here reading this, you can move on to another post right now)!

Actually, Ed and I have been out riding a couple times this week since the weather's been great and he's been feeling good. :thumbup: I've just been hoping we don't come across any license checks since the M is missing from my license. I'm signed up for a class next Mon/Tues, but it will be on a scooter. (Nearest 3 wheel class is about an hour or so from us; we're due to have one start locally but no one was sure how soon. I didn't want to wait another month or so for that class to start).

Today we did a fairly long ride up to the local library, then down to Navarre for lunch at Helen Back. I even had a short stint on the interstate...new record for me: 73! :yes::yes: I think we're staying home tomorrow to work on putting more farkles on the RT. Thanks, again, to Reggie for sending me a box of goodies. Can't wait to see all my lights installed! :2thumbs:

Rar
10-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm sure you'll do fine. We'll be looking for updates from your course. :clap::clap::clap:

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 07:18 AM
And we also need to see some pics of your Spyder with the newest farkling episode's results! :thumbup:

DocRags
10-18-2012, 09:02 AM
And we also need to see some pics of your Spyder with the newest farkling episode's results! :thumbup:The farkling has begun! Spyder GloRyders are on. I love the turn signal LED's Ed put on the side mirrors...much easier to see than the little light on the dash. He's working on the fender lights now. We're still waiting for Baker Air Wings and some other stuff to arrive. Ed goes back in the hospital next week for another round of chemo so we're on a fixed schedule...good thing it's rainy looking today so we aren't tempted to take off on a ride.

I'll be sure to post pictures when he's done. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-18-2012, 09:06 AM
That sounds great! :2thumbs:
And the best of luck to you both for the upcoming round of treatments for Ed! :thumbup:

Rar
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM
The farkling has begun! Spyder GloRyders are on. I love the turn signal LED's Ed put on the side mirrors...much easier to see than the little light on the dash. He's working on the fender lights now. We're still waiting for Baker Air Wings and some other stuff to arrive. Ed goes back in the hospital next week for another round of chemo so we're on a fixed schedule...good thing it's rainy looking today so we aren't tempted to take off on a ride.

I'll be sure to post pictures when he's done. :thumbup:

Sounds Awesome!!! :clap: Extra lights are at the top of my wish list.

can-am sam
10-18-2012, 01:17 PM
:2thumbs: Congrats on learning to be in the drivers seat!