PDA

View Full Version : SpyderDeb's exhaust sequel

pauly1
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
We were on the road a while ago and the Micron muffler decided it was tired. In the end the shell ruptured and looked like an exploded cigar. It was to the point of being a safety hazard so we broke away from the group.and made a short stop in Clinton, MO. After a bit of collaboration with the local muffler shop, we were back on the road with a classic glaspack muffler. A little crude, but it sure has a nice purr and barks likes a big dog when throtle is applied. I'll pic's shortly.

Thanks to those who had replied with ideas.

Wayne

PCBeachBum
10-13-2012, 01:07 AM
I just replaced my 2 bro's single can because it needed repacking and was very loud. Didn't bother me but did bother some friends. I replaced it with the Spyder 1 Attitude glass pack RSS-18-B, that never needs repacking. Its much quieter than the 2 bro's and has a throaty sound and getting on it my friends all say it sounds much better and they can hear their MP3 players again. :roflblack:

oldbaldguy
10-13-2012, 06:32 AM
i also replaced a 2brothers muffler with one from Spyder1Attitude, shortly after Spyderfest. I rode up and back with Karsten, and after 1500 miles knew i wanted one. he installed it for me. like the sound, and my engine runs cooler.

pauly1
10-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the exhausting information on the new mufflers;)

This is the field repair at the muffler shop with a 2 1/4" inlet glass pack automotive muffler. It actually don't look that bad except for the robust hanger :yikes:. I'm trying to talk her into replacing the clamps with a more refined approach, add some high temp black paint, and running it for a while. Or until we can check out the Spyder1Attitude stuff.

This is the last of the Micron, loosely held in place with high temperature silicon and wire. On a side note: we found out today that her first Spyder ('08) had similar trouble while the new owner had it on a road trip; it had a carbon fiber Remus exhaust. Seems like the sport bike mufflers aren't robust enough for the Spyder application :(.

pauly1
10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Just checked out the Spyder1Attitude - lots of similarity! Except it already has the paint and a chrome tip to boot. I gotta tell you, though, we paid $38 out the door.

Wayne

SPYD3R
10-14-2012, 08:09 PM
yesterday, i put the STOCK, OEM, muffler back on...... nice quiet ride today... forgot just how nice that is....
btw; Athens, GA is a gr8 STOP.... Momma Goldbergs Deli is EXCELLENT.... try the RUEBIN....