PDA

View Full Version : Rear pads, foot tap.

Pandy
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Got the rear pads replaced with little trouble and gained a lot more pedal as well. Next pads will be 10 k miles sooner. Meanwhile, the parking brake works as well as it ever did, holds Pyder on hills, Pyder will not move when brake is set and throttle applied. My quandry is this; the brake pedal doesen't "kick me in the foot" when I apply the parking brake. My Pyder has done this since day one, and now it won't. So, what do you think? Too much cable tension? Not enough? The pulley moves "slightly clockwise" as described in the manual. Or, the "kick in the foot" was incorrect from day one? Oh, and no more squeal and groan from aft when backing. Just the squeak from the fronts until warm. Yes, supposed to be new generation pads on the front. So, gearheads, what do you think?

Patrick

Bob Denman
10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
RTs... The brake is applied by the bike after you push the button. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif
It it's holding the bike; I'd have to say that you're good to go! :2thumbs:
If it wasn't correct; the bike would set up some sort of a fuss when you hit the button...

Pandy
10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
The main thrust of the post is something has changed or my Pyder was the only one that tapped me on the foot when the parking brake is applied. I can hear the motor cycle and all that, the flashing light comes on, and just for an idiot check, shut off without applying the brake (pushing the button) and the annoying reminder goes off for it's programmed time. Just wondering if something is maladjusted, aside from the Pyder Pylot.

Patrick

NancysToy
10-12-2012, 08:35 AM
I have never noticed the "tap" when applying the brake, although others have reported it. I do notice the pedal drop when releasing the brake. If your brakes work well, and the parking brake holds, I would not be concerned. If you are prone to worry, have the brakes flushed and bled to made absolutely sure they are up to snuff.

lyonsden
10-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Mine did exactly the same thing. When you would apply the park brake you would feel the pedal slightly rise. After new brakes installed at dealer it doesn't do that anymore. No problems so far. :dontknow:

Pandy
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Thank you all, I feel much better now. Brakes are up to snuff and all is well.

Patrick