PDA

View Full Version : Ride time SE GA

Cavman
10-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I'll be down in the Savannah, GA area November 6-11, 2012. I'll be attending a Mega Geocaching event again at Skidaway Island State Park. GC3EJ97 www.Geocaching.com
"Going Coastal One More Time"

As I'm arriving a couple of days early, I'll have some time on Tuesday, Wednesday and part of the afternoon on Thursday after the Flash Mob event in Savannah to do some riding. If anyone wishes to join me, chime in. If you know of some good areas to visit let me know? I may be cruising over to Tybee Island as I know of someone who has a home away from home there.
Stumpy will be attending this event too.

Daisyjoe
10-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I'll be down in the Savannah, GA area November 6-11, 2012. I'll be attending a Mega Geocaching event again at Skidaway Island State Park. GC3EJ97 www.Geocaching.com (http://www.Geocaching.com)
"Going Coastal One More Time"

As I'm arriving a couple of days early, I'll have some time on Tuesday, Wednesday and part of the afternoon on Thursday after the Flash Mob event in Savannah to do some riding. If anyone wishes to join me, chime in. If you know of some good areas to visit let me know? I may be cruising over to Tybee Island as I know of someone who has a home away from home there.
Stumpy will be attending this event too.

Are your plans still the same? Would love to get together for a ride or rides.

Cavman
10-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Yep, arriving on Tuesday to set up my camp at Skidaway Island State Park. There is a few going to the Crab Shack for dinner and y'all are welcome to join us. That's either Tuesday or Wednesday night? Since it's not an 'official event' I'll have find put which night? They have good food and alligators to see in da pit.

There will be a Flash Mob event in Savannah Thursday morning....tell all your friends! There will pirates a singin' and dancin' to de music! :doorag: 11:08 till 11:23 AM Ellis Square. Broad and W. Congress Streets.

You can go to the www.geocaching.com website and put in GC3EJ97 in the play search section for the webpage for the event and related events for next week.

I understand that US17 is to be a good road for riding? Must be, it goes through Midway, GA!
What do you suggest DaisyJoe?

Cavman
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
The dinner is on Tuesday, November 6 at 6 PM, The Crab Shack.
40 Estill Hammock Road, Tybee Island, GA.

See GC3X300 "Eat And Greet For All Ye Early Birds And Locals".

Tell the hostess you are with the Geocaching group.

Cavman
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
WooHoo, what a fun ride in SE GA. Met Daisyjoe at the "yellow blinking light and the big tree".
we rode down to Mudcat Charlie's Resturant for late lunch. Met another SpyderLover DOC(?) on the way in.

We talked about possible places we could do some rides from in mid to Southern GA areas.
Sure hope so??

Thanks again Daisyjoe for the tour of the area and pointing out the country's smallest church and the buffaloes.

Daisyjoe
11-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Enjoyed my ride and lunch with cavman yesterday. Excellent riding weather, even if it was a little CooooL. Doc Riverside met us and fed us at Mud Cat Charlie's. It was good to see him again. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces this April (if not sooner) when they bust open the Vidalia Onion festival.