PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get the cell phone interface to be clear on the headset

Champagne
10-11-2012, 06:37 AM
The problem is it is not very clear on the helmet but the person on the receiving side
can barely hear me. I'm wondering if my settings are correct.
If anybody can help me would really appreciate.

Schnauzer
10-11-2012, 06:43 AM
:lecturef_smilie:.

frank3
10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Can you provide a little mone information. Cell phone brand, helmet com system brand. Mine is an Apple I-Phone 4 and my helmet comm system is a Cardo Scala G-4. All works fine.

harrypottar
10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
If this is with the BRP set up? Zumo 660, BRP cell phone interface and BRP headsets.

There was an issue with the wiring directions that where incorrect. Call some one and talk into the GPS mic while covering the headset mic. If that is clear for the person you're talking too then the dealer needs to fix the wiring.

The next thing to try, does it sound good while parked but not while riding, if so then it could be the mic sensitivity. You can alter the intercom mic sensitivity to detect when your talking, if its set too hight then it will pick up engine/wind noise. Next option is the sound mix mode, you can mix the radio with intercom so when you talk the radio lowers and you hear your voice over the lowered sound. You can also tell it too mute, mute seems to work better while you're on the telephone, however during pauses of silence the radio comes back on again.

However I have to say, I gave up, I could never get the cell phone interface to be clear for the other caller, I had a similar set up on my Goldwing with a Zumo 550 and that worked flawlessly. This one they can not hear me well enough, I will use in emergency but generally if people know I'm on the bike they hang up where as before they would just think I'm in a car.

harry

btw, this thread is a technical thread on getting the phone interface working, please, I beg you keep this thread free of comments on your personal views of using a hands free device while driving/riding. You're not going to change anyone view either way and we might as well keep on track. :thumbup:

donnellpj
10-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Not knowing what the audio set up is, I will just pass along a little experience I had with our Scala G9 Powerset.

Out of the box, one of the boom mic's was defective. Laura could hear me, but I could not hear her. There had to have been a short or something in it.

I did a quick trouble shooting thing over tehe phone with a tech, very quick just a couple questions, and in 48 hours I had a new boom mic. Excellent customer service.

Just throwing that out there.

Champagne
10-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Can you provide a little mone information. Cell phone brand, helmet com system brand. Mine is an Apple I-Phone 4 and my helmet comm system is a Cardo Scala G-4. All works fine.

the phone that I am using is an Apple iPhone 4S, I had a scorpion helmet with the J&M headset. Everything is running from the navigation

NancysToy
10-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Look at your mic position. Helmet mikes need to be directly in front of the lips...almost touching, to be effective. As little as 1/4" in misplacement can make a huge difference in volume and clarity.

stevedfive
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
When parked and key on (engine off or idle) can the caller hear you. If so, put tape over the GPS device mic. If the caller can no longer hear you then you interface is plugged in backwards. It is picking up the GPS mic not the helmet mic. If you want some assistance, just PM me and I will give you a call.