PDA

View Full Version : BRP supplied Garmin GPS

beako
10-10-2012, 02:50 AM
I live in Europe and own a 2 month old RT Ltd so it came with a Garmin 660 GPS mounted nicely on the bars.
Two questions that I hope someone can answer.
It is loaded with US mapping only and the CD supplied is only for North America should it be supplied with European mapping as well or at least a disc so I can load the maps.
When the GPS is finally working on its mount will it play voice instructions back through the integrated radio speakers and if so do i need the radio on all the time.
Thanks

eddieshep999
10-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Beako

When I got my Spyder RT -S SE5 in 2010 1 had the dealer fit the Garmin Zumo 660
Mine also came with North Amercian mapping

I contacted BRP UK ref this and this was their response

With regards to your Garmin GPS Unit, a separate CD (Part Number 710 001 806) should have been ordered at the time your Garmin was ordered, this CD would have contained European Maps and should have been loaded at the time of installation. Again I would advise contacting Adrenalin Atv so this can be resolved for you.

I contacted my dealer who agreed to get the European mapping for me
Unfortunately this was supplied on an SD Card - I already had an SD Card with my MP3 Tracks on it and did not want to lose them

I contacted Garmin UK but they couldn't help as its supplied by Garmin in the USA and they suggested I purchase European mapping

In the end I purchased a download with lifetime updates from Garmin - There was a special offer at the time
Now I get updates every 4 months and have used this over the last year with no problems

Ref sound to the speakers - Check the AUX Function and Zumo 660 setttings first to see if its already connected
and Yes the Radio need to be on all the time

I found another way of getting the sound to my speakers

Ref getting the Sound from the Zumo out via the radio speakers - From the Zumo 660 Mount there should be a Headphone Audio
output jack 3.5mm - You may find it under the bodywork RHS Near the rear Pannier - this is where power to taken for the Zumo
660 - I just connected a 3.5mm lead Jack to Female socket again 3.5mm- ran it to my rear trunk and using a supplied connecter
Auxiliary input jack which goes into the 7 Pin Din socket where an I pod connection goes

You have to select AUX in the radio mode - You may now find on the Zumo 660 there is the option of Audio output to either
Bluetooth or Headset - Use the headset option and sound should be heard

You could of course just connect an headset (Wired) from the Zumo 660 Headphone Audio output into a headset in a helmet

I use the Bluetooth option matching the Zumo 660 to my Sena SMH10 Headset - No wires and sound is excellent

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK