PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Can-Am lessons in Indianapolis, IN

stevecampbell
10-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello Spyderlovers,

My name is Steve. I am in Indianapolis. I'm going to purchase my Spyder next year 2013 (RS or RS-S / SE-5). Are there any owners in the Indianapolis area that would be willing to give Spyder riding lessons for a reasonable fee for your time. I would like to arrange weekend mornings for a couple of hours if possible.

I am also planning to take the ABATE course. I'm wondering if I could take it on the Spyder, or just use the Spyder for the road exam? Looking for some good advice guys / gals.

Thank you in advance.

Steve from Indianapolis

Trickie Dick
10-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi Steve,
I'll be happy to help you learn to ride a spyder. I have a RS/GS SE. Send me a PM and we'll get together.
As far as the ABATE course, I don't know if they will let you take it on a Spyder. You'll just have to call and find out. I took the course a few years ago when the spyder was pretty new and the instructor had never seen one. So, I took the course on their little 250's. It's a good course and I enjoyed it. When you pass the course, you don't have to take the BMV road exam. At least that's the way it was when I took it.
You will need to take the BMV written(computer) exam and get a learners permit right away, if you have not already. Just pick up a book at the BMV and study a day or so and take it. It's pretty common sense and should be no problem. Then you can go to a dealer and test ride a spyder as well as ride mine when we get together.

Dick

serf
10-10-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't even think you need a permit for abate anyone. Plus if you take abate on their bike you won't get a three wheel restriction like you do if you take the bmv tests. The bmv course is cake on a three wheel.

stevecampbell
10-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the reply. I will go an get the manual today to begin studying.

Here's my info:

Steve Campbell
317-691-30444

Hi Steve,
I'll be happy to help you learn to ride a spyder. I have a RS/GS SE. Send me a PM and we'll get together.
As far as the ABATE course, I don't know if they will let you take it on a Spyder. You'll just have to call and find out. I took the course a few years ago when the spyder was pretty new and the instructor had never seen one. So, I took the course on their little 250's. It's a good course and I enjoyed it. When you pass the course, you don't have to take the BMV road exam. At least that's the way it was when I took it.
You will need to take the BMV written(computer) exam and get a learners permit right away, if you have not already. Just pick up a book at the BMV and study a day or so and take it. It's pretty common sense and should be no problem. Then you can go to a dealer and test ride a spyder as well as ride mine when we get together.

Dick

Kmort44
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello Spyderlovers,

My name is Steve. I am in Indianapolis. I'm going to purchase my Spyder next year 2013 (RS or RS-S / SE-5). Are there any owners in the Indianapolis area that would be willing to give Spyder riding lessons for a reasonable fee for your time. I would like to arrange weekend mornings for a couple of hours if possible.

I am also planning to take the ABATE course. I'm wondering if I could take it on the Spyder, or just use the Spyder for the road exam? Looking for some good advice guys / gals.

Thank you in advance.

Steve from Indianapolis

Hey Steve,

Give Trickie Dick a call, he's a great guy and can give you more information then you can absorb. I rode with Dick several times and its been great, plus he has a GS/RS which will give you the sporter Ryde like a new RS/RSS.
Welcome new Spyder Ryder!!! :welcome:If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to post here.
Your gonna LOVE the Spyder.....Good luck and happy Spydering......:thumbup:

Kevin Mortensen
KMORT44
South Bend IN.

Trickie Dick
10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't even think you need a permit for abate anyone. Plus if you take abate on their bike you won't get a three wheel restriction like you do if you take the bmv tests. The bmv course is cake on a three wheel.

No, but you do to demo a spyder at the dealer and you do if you want to ride mine , at least until you get your M license.

Trickie Dick
10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the reply. I will go an get the manual today to begin studying.

Here's my info:

Steve Campbell
317-691-30444

Hi Steve,
As Kevin said, :welcome: . I look forward to meeting you. Let me know as soon as you get your learners permit and we will get together. You can post here or send me a Private Message. Just click on my Avatar and then send private message. Either way is fine and I'll see it.

8LEGS
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Welcome Steve! It's been said already, Dick is a heck of a good guy and will answer any question you may have. Good luck on your endeavor. You can also pm me anytime.

Tina

stevecampbell
10-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Hello Kevin,

I should have my permit by Friday or so. Then I should be able to meet Trickie Dick for some information and lessons. I need to go and buy a helmet for lessons too. Even though I'll be buying in 2013, the excitement is already there.
:yes:Steve

Hey Steve,

Give Trickie Dick a call, he's a great guy and can give you more information then you can absorb. I rode with Dick several times and its been great, plus he has a GS/RS which will give you the sporter Ryde like a new RS/RSS.
Welcome new Spyder Ryder!!! :welcome:If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to post here.
Your gonna LOVE the Spyder.....Good luck and happy Spydering......:thumbup:

Kevin Mortensen
KMORT44
South Bend IN.

Trickie Dick
10-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Hello Kevin,

I should have my permit by Friday or so. Then I should be able to meet Trickie Dick for some information and lessons. I need to go and buy a helmet for lessons too. Even though I'll be buying in 2013, the excitement is already there.
:yes:Steve

Steve,
I have a helmet you can use until you make a decision as to which helmet you want. It is a size large, 3/4 helmet. No sense in hurrying if you don't have to. You want to make sure you get a good fitting helmet, so try on several. Don't rush it.
Dick

serf
10-11-2012, 08:15 AM
No, but you do to demo a spyder at the dealer and you do if you want to ride mine , at least until you get your M license.
True enough. Some places require the endorsement just for a test drive.

stevecampbell
10-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Officially got my Learners Permit.

Steve

Hi Steve,
As Kevin said, :welcome: . I look forward to meeting you. Let me know as soon as you get your learners permit and we will get together. You can post here or send me a Private Message. Just click on my Avatar and then send private message. Either way is fine and I'll see it.

Trickie Dick
10-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Officially got my Learners Permit.

Steve

:thumbup: I'll call you next week and we can get together. Where are you located?
Dick

CyncySpyder
10-12-2012, 07:45 AM
:clap::congrats: & :welcome::clap:

You've got a good guy to help teach you the ropes, as Teddy & I have ridden with him before & look forward to doing it again:thumbup:

Here's a link to a really good thread for Newer Owners of Spyders that talks about alot of the little ins & outs & quirks to get the most enjoyable experience out of your future ryde;)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners

:yes:Have fun & Enjoy the Ryde:yes:

stevecampbell
10-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Hello again,

When would you be available for a meeting and some small discussions?[

Thanks,

Steve....(317)691-3044....stevecampbell88@sbcglobal.net:thumbup:

I'm located in Indianapolis / Brownsburg / Eagle Creek area. Did I read that you are in the Carmel area?

QUOTE=Trickie Dick;528445]Steve,
I have a helmet you can use until you make a decision as to which helmet you want. It is a size large, 3/4 helmet. No sense in hurrying if you don't have to. You want to make sure you get a good fitting helmet, so try on several. Don't rush it.
Dick[/QUOTE]