PDA

View Full Version : Bad year in Wisconsin for motorcycle safety

packbuckbrew
10-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Article today in the local paper showing that fatalities are up in Wisconsin. This is likely the result of the amazing spring and fall weather we had. 92% not wearing helmets. Alcohol was not nearly the factor I would expect that it would be and was only involved in 35% of the cases. Interesting that the demographic is becoming older and the suggestion of diminished skill sets. Trike mention at the end of the article. Here is the link.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/2012-a-deadly-year-for-wisconsin-motorcycle-drivers-8h75c33-173225031.html

Bob Denman
10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Motorcycle usage had increased by quite a lot; more bikes on the road will always have more exposure to accidents and deaths... :shocked:
The article made a lot of sense; Thanks for posting it! :thumbup:

The fact that your avatar is a skull... :yikes: made the whole thread! :clap: :roflblack:

ARtraveler
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Interesting reading and statistical information. Ride safe. :thumbup:

wyliec
10-09-2012, 01:30 PM
"As important as rider education, other motorists should be more aware of motorcycles - especially as newer vehicles become "cocoons" that block outside sounds and have more gadgets that keep drivers from paying attention to the road, according to ABATE of Wisconsin, a motorcyclist organization that stresses rider education and motorist awareness of bikes on the road."

The above was in the article and I especially found this interesting.

budsspuds
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I did not see how many were caused by an on coming car/truck turning in front of the cycle .