PDA

View Full Version : Question

spydernatic
10-08-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a question about belt vibrations on my 2012 RT, went riding this weekend and it is extremely annoying to have this vibration at certain speeds. I need to know if one fits the after market product belt tensioner ....does this void the factory warranty and my extended warranty.(not b.e.s.t warranty) Do I need to call BRP and get clarification, I did request my dealership to find out but have not got an answer back as yet....OR can this horrible vibration be made to go away with adjustment to the belt...OR do I have to live with and ride a $30,000 Spyder with an belt vibration that should not be there. Any one out with experience or solutions to this question please reply I would like to get this resolved soon.....THANKS

Jeriatric
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I have a question about belt vibrations on my 2012 RT, went riding this weekend and it is extremely annoying to have this vibration at certain speeds. I need to know if one fits the after market product belt tensioner ....does this void the factory warranty and my extended warranty.(not b.e.s.t warranty) Do I need to call BRP and get clarification, I did request my dealership to find out but have not got an answer back as yet....OR can this horrible vibration be made to go away with adjustment to the belt...OR do I have to live with and ride a $30,000 Spyder with an belt vibration that should not be there. Any one out with experience or solutions to this question please reply I would like to get this resolved soon.....THANKS

Opinion. If belt tension is kept within specks, then adding the tensioner is doing both you and your bike a favor by reducing vibration. Others may have a different opinion. As far as your warranty is concerned. It's my opinion you would be less likely to have a problem using the tensioner on a bike with vibration issues, than not. But, in the end.....it's your call.

boborgera
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission, My thoughts if you ask BRP they will flat out say no you cant do it.nojoke There is a little room on the belt tension specs that you dealer can do' but it will just change at what rpms the vibes come on at. :dontknow: