PDA

View Full Version : YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!

gftempl
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
At the charity ride last saturday (Oct 6) they had a poll of the bikers for the top three bikes. My Spyder (dirt and all) won SECOND PLACE!!!! :ohyea:Take that HD!!
I didn't stay for the announcement (balloting was done before the ride started) and just got a call from the Sheriff's office telling me. Seeing the other bikes all decked out and mine being stock, I figured no one would vote for me (including me :opps: ).

DR Buck
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
At the charity ride last saturday (Oct 6) they had a poll of the bikers for the top three bikes. My Spyder (dirt and all) won SECOND PLACE!!!! :ohyea:Take that HD!!
I didn't stay for the announcement (balloting was done before the ride started) and just got a call from the Sheriff's office telling me. Seeing the other bikes all decked out and mine being stock, I figured no one would vote for me (including me :opps:  ).

2nd place out of how many? :joke:

CyncySpyder
10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39662&d=1327027790 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1885&attachmentid=52277)

ARtraveler
10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
:congrats: on the award.

SpyderAnn01
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
:2thumbs:

Rar
10-08-2012, 12:43 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:congrats:

gftempl
10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
2nd place out of how many? :joke:

I'm guessing somewhere around 75-100 bikes...of which there was only ONE Spyder.

Spyder Wraps Pete
10-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Is it stock or do you have some mods?

gftempl
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Is it stock or do you have some mods?

Its a 2010 Blue RT/S. I have a few Spyderpops mods but nothing that shows. Visually the bike is stock, I didn't even wash it..there were bug splats on the windscreen. I think that it was the novelty of the tadpole design. There were a few trikes there...one was really decked out...but mine was the only Spyder and I feel that was what did it. I don't know what came in first or third (only three places) since I actually left before the announcement.

btcherm
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
:spyder2: are top class :firstplace::clap::clap::clap:55197

Motorcycledave
10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
A few years ago maybe 4 or 5 the motorcycle club I belong to went to the AMA Western Hey Dey Rally in Yosemite CA. at the San Jose Family Camp.. they always have a bike show and there was one of our guys that had a very crapy, junky, dirty, motorcycle and our whole group
got the ballots and all voted for his bike for peoples choice.... he was the winner....:opps:
there were plenty of SHOW bikes in the place that lost to him.....
we all got a good laugh and he still has the trophy...

__________________________________________________ _______________________

I didn't stay for the announcement (balloting was done before the ride started) and just got a call from the Sheriff's office telling me. Seeing the other bikes all decked out and mine being stock, I figured no one would vote for me (including me :opps:  ).

Tomite
10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
:clap:Congrats.

bloke
10-21-2012, 07:57 PM
like i said in the store saturday people can only look at so many harleys till they all look the same, now throw a spyder in the mix and the regular public who doesn't ride will vote for it every time!

congrats! :thumbup: