PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ridge Parkway

paulbrinker
10-06-2012, 08:00 PM
My wife and I were originally headed for Fancy Gap to get on the parkway, but with the threat of rain we decided to cut it a little short. We got on at US 21 and rode south to Blowing Rock. We wanted to see the leaf color, and it was good but it will be even better in a week or two. Our total round trip was about 300 miles and the Spyder preformed beautifully. Stop at a souvenir shop on the parkway, and spent well over an hour showing off our Spyder. Weather permitting, we will be on the road to Durham, next weekend for a ride being put together there. Side trip to see our son and his wife in Raleigh while there.
Ride today could not have been better. Love our ride.:yes::clap:

pslawing
10-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Glad you had a good ride day. We decided to ride to the beach. Road to Myrtle Friday, spent the nite and came back today. Great ride also. Maybe we can ride sometime!

pickelhead
10-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I'll pick my Spyder up in Winston-Salem, nc from it's 600 mile service and bring it home to Franklin, NC. Hopefully all the mods I ordered will be in ie: Ultimate seat, bump skid, wide brake pedal, Seal Floorboards, full and travel covers, cat shield, smooth belt tensioner, and "missing" belt guard. :clap: