PDA

View Full Version : Amber 20 LED 7W BulbS/7507BAU15s

smporter420
10-05-2012, 01:51 PM
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Turn-Signal-LED/Amber-LED/V-LEDS-AMBER-20-LED-7W-p7678744.html

Will these bulbs just plug into either the front or rear stock turn lights without any other modifications ? A guy on here said somthing about flipping the wires on one side to make them work. He installed these as front turn lights, can they be used for rear singnals as well? You would think you'd be able to just plug em in and thats it. The wattage have any play?

pro10is
10-05-2012, 11:15 PM
You have the correct base, and I assume you checked the specs to ensure they are not too wide or long for the housing. However most led bubs must have the correct polarity. If you have a voltmeter check to be certain the center contact of the bulb housing is positive. If not you have to swap the wires. You can do this by carefully cutting and resoldering them, or you can carefully push the pins out of the connector and swap them.

If you use led bulbs to replace any light that blinks, you will probably need a load resistor. You need to fool the blinking circuitry to sense that it still has an incandescent bulb. If you don't, the led bulb will blink way too fast.

I see that the bulb you're looking at is out of stock. Here is another bulb that will work and is considerably less expensive:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/led-product/527/

For plug and play led options you can also check out the site sponsors ESI and Custom Dynamics on the front page of this forum. The Double Play and Triple Play products are excellent.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-06-2012, 12:54 PM
You have the correct base, and I assume you checked the specs to ensure they are not too wide or long for the housing. However most led bubs must have the correct polarity. If you have a voltmeter check to be certain the center contact of the bulb housing is positive. If not you have to swap the wires. You can do this by carefully cutting and resoldering them, or you can carefully push the pins out of the connector and swap them.

If you use led bulbs to replace any light that blinks, you will probably need a load resistor. You need to fool the blinking circuitry to sense that it still has an incandescent bulb. If you don't, the led bulb will blink way too fast.

I see that the bulb you're looking at is out of stock. Here is another bulb that will work and is considerably less expensive:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/led-product/527/

For plug and play led options you can also check out the site sponsors ESI and Custom Dynamics on the front page of this forum. The Double Play and Triple Play products are excellent. So Jim, the above bulb is a direct swap for the turn signal bulb in the GS/RS , without switching the wires and/or adding a resistor.??? Is this the one you have in your turn signal.??????......Mike.......Thanks

pro10is
10-08-2012, 12:13 AM
So Jim, the above bulb is a direct swap for the turn signal bulb in the GS/RS , without switching the wires and/or adding a resistor.??? Is this the one you have in your turn signal.??????......Mike.......Thanks

Mike the bulb I listed is a direct replacement for the front blinker lights. A load resistor is required or else the lights will blink too rapidly.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Mike the bulb I listed is a direct replacement for the front blinker lights. A load resistor is required or else the lights will blink too rapidly.

Thanks Jim.......and for the PM also.......Mike

sabunim5
10-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Is the rapid blinking really a problem as long as the Nanny is happy. Sometimes a quicker signal flash will get a cagers attention better because we react more to things that aren't the norm. Just MHO.