PDA

View Full Version : Passenger volume speaker control

ChicoFowler
10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I just bought a 2012 RT-S. This may have been asked before, but simple question: Does the passenger volumne control work or not? Mine does not!

Big Arm
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't have a RT, so can't answer your question, but just wanted to say :welcome:
Hope to see you on the road someday.

lyonsden
10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't have them but I think I read that they only work with the ipod not the radio. :dontknow:

NancysToy
10-03-2012, 10:03 PM
The passenger volume controls only work to lower the headset volume for the passenger...if you have the BRP comm system installed. The song selection buttons should work, though.

ThreeWheels
10-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I just bought a 2012 RT-S. This may have been asked before, but simple question: Does the passenger volumne control work or not? Mine does not!

On the 2010, it only works the helmet speakers, not the rear speakers on either side of the passenger back rest.

EzeSpyderGA
10-03-2012, 10:24 PM
We have the complete Can-Am system, including the head sets and the passenger can only change their volume control. They cannot adjust the external speaker volume Only the rider can adjust the external speaker volume and the riders head set volume. Both the rider and passenger can change the radio channel. :yikes::banghead:

TicketBait
10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
We have the complete Can-Am system, including the head sets and the passenger can only change their volume control. They cannot adjust the external speaker volume Only the rider can adjust the external speaker volume and the riders head set volume. Both the rider and passenger can change the radio channel. :yikes::banghead:
:agree: The passenger can raise or lower the volume. To do so you need to press the arrow several times in the direction you want to go- louder or quieter. . Simply pressing and holding won't work. This is to prevent an arbitrary unwarranted change.