PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about the 2013 ST and the operator pegs

jScotD
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
I like the idea of them being extended 5 inches for a more relaxed position. I have experienced muscle cramps on my RS.

Will my size 12 D boot be banging into the lowers? I can't sit flail footed because of my artificial leg.

Thanks, Scott

Lamonster
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm pretty sure no. We had some big guys riding with us and none of them complained about that. Best to sit of one first to be sure.

jScotD
10-03-2012, 08:40 PM
What I'm reading is the ST-S has rider floorboards vs the ST pegs.. is this correct? that would simplify matters considerabaly .. as far as me having feet as big as a sasquatch..

well maybe a tad smaller

and where has the new footbrake been positioned? I would ask my dealer.. but ....

I had to add an aftermarket handbrake on my RS to keep from stomping in the dark.. and on my automatic, before , it made for some harrowing times

thanks, Scott

spyderman526
10-05-2012, 05:52 AM
lamont can u get the raido option on an sts? n do u know how much it is to get it ? also would like to know if i can pay extra to get a color thats not offered on the sts? they only offer two colors or will i need to order the panals seperate to get the color i want ? thanks

spyderman526
10-05-2012, 06:42 AM
oh i forgot also want to add cruse controll by the time iam done i will have an sts limited cool a special model i would get a limited but u cant get a manual 5 speed kinda silly i think it dosent really open up all models to all riders

NancysToy
10-05-2012, 08:14 AM
oh i forgot also want to add cruse controll by the time iam done i will have an sts limited cool a special model i would get a limited but u cant get a manual 5 speed kinda silly i think it dosent really open up all models to all riders
Can't get the LTD in yellow, either. That's my wife's hang-up. Don't forget to add the grip heaters, too. :)

Lamonster
10-05-2012, 09:16 AM
What I'm reading is the ST-S has rider floorboards vs the ST pegs.. is this correct? that would simplify matters considerabaly .. as far as me having feet as big as a sasquatch..

well maybe a tad smaller

and where has the new footbrake been positioned? I would ask my dealer.. but ....

I had to add an aftermarket handbrake on my RS to keep from stomping in the dark.. and on my automatic, before , it made for some harrowing times

thanks, Scott
The boards only come on the SE and on the Limited because it's an SE. Not sure what you're asking about the brake. I don't have a comparison to anything.

lamont can u get the raido option on an sts? n do u know how much it is to get it ? also would like to know if i can pay extra to get a color thats not offered on the sts? they only offer two colors or will i need to order the panals seperate to get the color i want ? thanks
There is a radio option for the STS. You can not get different colors but maybe you can swap panels with someone who has the color you want.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527478_448695278507082_619934969_n.jpg

The STS has cruise control.
The Spyder model ST-S comes with:

15" carbon black six twin blade spoke front wheels with low profile tires
Adjustable passenger footboards
998 Rotax V-twin with 100 horsepower and 80 foot pounds of torque, same as the RT
Left grip electronic command center with LED back lighting. same as the RT
Multifunction color display
Electronic parking brake that is self adjusting
44 liters front storage
Refined front fenders design with improved aerodynamics and integrated front LED lights
Rider footboards (SE5 only) with vibration dampening
"S" trim package with carbon black handlebars, footrest, rear sprocket, exhaust and springs. Plus painted upper a-arms and front spoiler cover
Electronic cruise control
RT-622 trailer capability
Comes in (Circuit Yellow Metallic) and (Pure Magnesium Metallic) $20,099 (SM5), $21,799 (SE5)

Bob Denman
10-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Hey! 101.5: The Home of Rock 'n Roll!
WPDH... Poughkeepsie!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_65.gif