PDA

View Full Version : A- Arm Bushings

wrbrown
10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
How do you check the a-arm bushings to see if they need to be replaced ?

Neez
10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
How do you check the a-arm bushings to see if they need to be replaced ?All the shop manual says is this: " move upper (or lower) suspension arm from side to side and up and down. There should be no noticeable play in bushings." Also:" If necessary, remove suspension arm and inspect pivot bushings and sleeves for wear or damages. Replace bushings and/or sleeves if necessary."
If you keep the suspension greased, you likely won't have trouble, but greasing a spyder is awkward. There are lots of tips for easing this chore if you do a search on these forums.

Bob Denman
10-04-2012, 07:46 AM
If it does this; you're in trouble!

http://youtu.be/HJVtQ2ignII

Jeriatric
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Bob, great roads or post accident and great roads in concert? How many miles were on it?

sabunim5
03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
My local shop (while it was still under warranty) and I have replaced numerous font end components on my 08 after finding excessive play/wear. I do almost all of my service including greasing the front end as per BRP maintenance schedule or more often. The component that has needed the replacement most often is the ball joints which don't get greased. I have 40k miles on mine and just replaced all replaceable components on my front end. I wanted to start with a clean slate. Now I am headed to Daytona for a laser alignment in hopes of minimizing future component replacement. I am lucky in that I have a very good friend who is and extremely good auto mechanic and knows how to do all the front end checks.