PDA

View Full Version : tank bag

Derk
10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Everyone, for those that are interested in a tank bag, here's one that worked well for me on my last 8631 mile trip across country and Canada. It's the motocentric mototrek 7 tank bag, strap mount. I purchased mine from Motorcycle super store for $53. I removed the padded backing, put the top straps around the steering column, and lifted up the seat and tucked in the small buckle. The weight of the seat secures the bag very well. I rode over 90mph often and had no problems.The bag fits just perfect over the small glove box, and is very easy to take on and off. It comes with a rain cover that worked great. I'll answer any questions the best I can. I think Cortech has one that looks very similiar, Cortech super mini tank bag. Ryde safe and often.

bmwlarry
10-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Glad it worked for you. I use the Cortech super mini tank bag. I ran a elsatic strap between the bag and padding, placed snaps on the strap and on the bike under the lips above the gas tank fill, and it stays put. the front clips are attached around the steering column and rear clip goes around the glove box base.

quickster47
10-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Are you gentlemen using these tank bags on the RT or RS? I've always liked having a tank bag and really want to get one for my RT but I would like one that fits well.

Carl

bmwlarry
10-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I use my Cortech Mini on my RT

Tl440
10-03-2012, 11:45 PM
RKA has a good one.

Derk
10-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Are you gentlemen using these tank bags on the RT or RS? I've always liked having a tank bag and really want to get one for my RT but I would like one that fits well.

Carl

The Motocentric Mototrek 7 tank bag, strap mount, fits perfect on my RT. I took off the padding underneath the bag for the best fit. It just slips off.