PDA

View Full Version : ELECTRIC LUGGAGE LOCK ANYONE

spydercoach
10-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Has anyone converted the rear luggage lock to tie in with the front trunk lock so if i use an IPS and turn it off all my compartments would lock? :spyder2: is a 2012 RT S

NancysToy
10-02-2012, 07:46 AM
It would be trickier than you think. The front uses a solenoid-like device to latch the lock, so you would need to add three for the rear. It isn't as simple as just turning the key. It might be possible to fabricate a device that would block the rear latches like the key does, but it sure seems like a lot of work compared to turning the key. Remember that the front doesn't lock when you turn the key off...it is always locked, and unlocks when you push the button (or push and turn the key). The rear would require a differnt approach.

Ga Blue Knight
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I use a remote and it works fine! Honey can you lock the luggage please?

Cruzr Joe
10-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I use a remote and it works fine! Honey can you lock the luggage please?

Notice that he said please to his remote. Love it

Ga Blue Knight
10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
The word "Please" denotes the subservient position of the requester who wants to avoid a personal limp home mode!

jerpinoy
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Please is always the magic word any day, any place, anytime specially.:yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I think that my remote is faulty... :shocked: It keeps complaining about the dirt that I track into the kitchen! :gaah:

Jharpo
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Oh I thought he was referring to his wife as "Honey" as the remote and saying please to her so she wouldn't knock his block off.

Ga Blue Knight
10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh I thought he was referring to his wife as "Honey" as the remote and saying please to her so she wouldn't knock his block off.

And that she would! Military trained Black Belt in Mainland China!

Bob Denman
10-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Oooh... That would leave a mark in several languages! :shocked:

Ga Blue Knight
10-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Oooh... That would leave a mark in several languages! :shocked:

You have no idea how dangerous it was rolling my new RT-S into the garage without telling her first! Since I'm still here I can say she loved it.

Bob Denman
10-03-2012, 07:46 AM
I used to have to pitch my hat through the door first; mine is just a bit more of a deadly shot with her Glock than I prefer! ;)

draboo
10-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I learned the hard way that speaking the word "Please"', while it might get one a cup of coffee, does NOT constitute foreplay. :shocked:

Getting down on your knees and begging, on the other hand, gets ya a 1 in 3 chance!

Now..one may ask: "What in the hell does this tripe that Brad wrote have to do with an electric luggage lock?"

Answer: Absolutely nothing.(but it gives a whole new meaning to ordering a cup o joe from the cute blonde at Starbucks:"Grande drip coffee with room for cream...PLEASE!")

Bob Denman
03-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Interesting... Good luck! :thumbup:
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

odogg1963
03-23-2017, 08:39 AM
That would be really cool to see how it ends up working.Then I wouldn't have to say "please open the frunk or trunk or side bags" anymore,just hit a button.:yes:

Bob Denman
03-23-2017, 10:01 AM
This is starting to sound even cooler... :clap:

MrSpyd3r
03-23-2017, 12:07 PM
After looking at how the rear latch handles work, they appear to already have provision for electric lock. I will be removing the key lock completely and covering the hole. Then add a solenoid to lock/unlock using the lock/unlock buttons on the remote. I will also add a solenoid to the frunk(mine is manual open only) and when I push the trunk button on the key fob, the frunk will open. I guess I got spoiled with my Goldwing with this feature. Can Am should have this standard on the RT.

My only concern with removing the key locking mechanism is how do you open it if the solenoid should fail. Do you have a back up method that you never mentioned. Electronics are prone to failing at the most inconvenient time.

Terry

Bob Denman
03-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Does it appear that you've got plenty of room to mount the solenoids? :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-23-2017, 06:35 PM
My only concern with removing the key locking mechanism is how do you open it if the solenoid should fail. Do you have a back up method that you never mentioned. Electronics are prone to failing at the most inconvenient time.

Terry
I just sent you directions :yes::yes::yes::yes:............ Mike :thumbup: