PDA

View Full Version : no bike for me-or-call me "Total Recall"

csmead
01-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Yes -it was my weekly "where is my Spyder" -type call. He laughs and says not only has it not arrived but CanAm has placed a STOP ISSUE order on all Sypders. Seems there is a problem??? I am female and I have now placed myself on a chocolate IV-drip (for the safety of myself and others) until someone can explain this to me. Dealer said that even if it comes in, they cannot issue out anymore bikes until the company gives them an okay...but the dealer agreed to call me so I can look at it....ooooh,oooh
How about a little pity, maybe a moment of silence for the sudden illness of my bike....and for you who have received, run for the border...don't let them take it away! ;D

Babymoose
01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Sounds like it is something to do with the brake reservoir cap recall. If that is it, then it shouldn't delay your ride for very long. Is that dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

csmead
01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Started with dark....just was not working fast enough. Switched to milk chocolate with hot chocolate chaser. CanAm sent me an email (after I inquired about the brakes) that there would be no further delays and all bikes not listed on the recall order had no problems. Somebody is not telling the whole truth! :'(

Lamonster
01-18-2008, 07:26 PM
This too shall pass :doorag:

csmead
01-18-2008, 07:30 PM
...and you better make a run for it. If they take yours back they will either strip it or place it on a shelf, encased in glass. :joke:

Lamonster
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
...and you better make a run for it. If they take yours back they will either strip it or place it on a shelf, encased in glass. :joke:
They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. ;D

matusky
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Have they actually said it was related to the brake recalls? or is there something else limited to the ones currently in production?

I'm 'supposed' to get mine in March but I'm expecting to hear that there's a holdup...... so I'm convincing myself that I'm going to have this Mid-Late April........ and at the same time just hoping for the best :bigthumbsup:

csmead
01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
The dealer (honestly?) told me that I know more about what is happening with the brake issue than he does. He said that he did not know if it was about the brakes, as they just received the info with "a more information to follow"-type letter. I reviewed the recall letter and told the dealer that it sounds like the 1st 800+ bikes have been delivered and mine should not be affected by the brake issue...hmmm. He said that my bike could still be an early model because the California deliveries (all West Coast) seemed to be taking the longest to get here. Feeling sorry for those 3 bikes going for the Hawaii delivery and the one Alaska-bound.

matusky
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
The dealer (honestly?) told me that I know more about what is happening with the brake issue than he does. He said that he did not know if it was about the brakes, as they just received the info with "a more information to follow"-type letter. I reviewed the recall letter and told the dealer that it sounds like the 1st 800+ bikes have been delivered and mine should not be affected by the brake issue...hmmm. He said that my bike could still be an early model because the California deliveries (all West Coast) seemed to be taking the longest to get here. Feeling sorry for those 3 bikes going for the Hawaii delivery and the one Alaska-bound.

It doesn't really surprise me that your dealer didn't know anything...... my dealer was telling me that I had a May 08 delivery, I read something from BRP about delivery dates and brought it to his attention, his response via email was:

"I only found out today after researching your question on the delivery date that more of my customers will get theirs in March. At least the news is in their favor!!

I'm glad to hear that you're not upset with anything- we've tried hard to keep everybody happy. I, too, hope there will be no more surprises unless it is that you unit is being delivered tomorrow!

As for the braking system... All new units will be properly bled at the factory during assembly so we should not see that concern with any future deliveries.
"

Everyone here, ME included is a Spyder enthusiast, now with that being said..... the dealers just look at this as another product that's doing well...... you have to realize that they may be dealing with 20 other models and different manufacturers and ALL their issues, while we're just concentrating on BRP and this one model specifically....... so for them to be a little clueless about something doesn't surprise me.

I work for a company that sells LED displays, we are a master distributor for many manufacturers and one of the leaders in sales in the US...... BUT will still are sometimes the last to know about details like cabinet design changes, firmware updates, new products, etc..... so I feel the dealers pain in that respect.

aubierules
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM
They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. ;D

um where have i heard that b4? oh yeah NRA's Charleton Heston! :bigthumbsup:

matusky
01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
um where have i heard that b4? oh yeah NRA's Charleton Heston! :bigthumbsup:

;D :bigthumbsup: