PDA

View Full Version : This is a high maintenance vehicle.

Spyderman
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
I picked up my Spyder on 10/23 and it didn't take long to get to the 650 miles and I was ready for the first service. My dealer quoted me $475.00 because at that time they thought you had to check the valve adjustment as stated in the manual. Well I had it done at another dealer for $165.00 and to tell you the truth, I don't think they did much more than an oil change. Well I stopped by my dealer to check and see about the second recall. They knew nothing about it until they looked up my Vin#. Well the service writer asked me how many miles I had and I told him about 2400 and then he proceded to try and sell me the 3000 service. For $280.00 labor and $65.00 parts, they change the oil, check the lug nuts (which by the way the manual says it is a dealer check) and check and lube the parking brake cable. The next service at 6000 miles is $500.00! Am I missing something here? Over 3 hrs labor charged to do this? My corvette only costs me $75.00 to get serviced! I work at a HD Freightliner and Western Star dealer and they charge $85.00 hr labor to work on HD Diesel trucks. I just think these dealers instead of giving smart deals and trying to develop a customer base is trying to cover their expenses with $85.00 hr labor costs and charging over MSRP for parts. I really wanted my dealer to service my Spyder but not at those prices.

Lamonster
01-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Unless it has to hook up to a BUD I will do all my own service like I have on all my bikes. Nobody take care of my rides like I do. :doorag:

matusky
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Unless it has to hook up to a BUD I will do all my own service like I have on all my bikes. Nobody take care of my rides like I do. :doorag:

:agree: I have an 07 F350 6.0 Diesel.... I let nobody touch it..... you'd be surprised at the lack of attention to detail you'll get on service at the dealer..... just look at the posts people have on here about the oil issue when they picked up their spyder..... some with no oil showing on the dipstick at all! One person on here I remembered had about 5lbs of air in one tire and it was pulling to the right or something..... If you have the ability, do your own service!