PDA

View Full Version : 2013 st review

elixermixer
09-30-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2013-canam-spyder-sts-roadster-review-91433.html

ARtraveler
09-30-2012, 10:51 PM
A good review for the ST. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Tx web rider
09-30-2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/news/brp-developing-tilting-canam-spyder-90418.html

Bombardier Recreational Products has filed a patent application for a control system that would allow the Can-Am Spyder to lean like a single-track motorcycle. The patent application was filed July 10, 2009 by Daniel Mercier, advanced concept engineer at BRP (http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/brp.html), but was only recently published. The patent application describes a three-wheeled vehicle like the Can-Am Spyder only equipped with a tilting mechanism.
While current Can-Am Spyders turn in the direction the handlebars are pressed, the leaning mechanism in the patent will require countersteering, something familiar to conventional motorcycle riders.

BRP’s system is assisted by an actuator motor that will lean the vehicle into a turn. The actuator is controlled by electronics that monitor the vehicle’s speed, lean angle, steering torque and lateral acceleration. At low speeds, the system prevents the vehicle from leaning too far, or even at all, but at higher speeds, the system allows for steeper lean angles. The electronic control unit can also be configured with different riding modes allowing the rider to select the degree of lean assistance.

The actuator also keeps the vehicle upright at a stop unlike the tilting Piaggio MP3 which requires the rider to put his feet down or press a tilt lock button.

Bob Denman
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
That's a real nice, thorough review; :2thumbs:

Sarge707
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice review But still No 0-60 time? :yikes: Better for anticipated sales?:dontknow:

vondalyn
11-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Nice review But still No 0-60 time? :yikes: Better for anticipated sales?:dontknow:

After putting 500 miles on it in 4 days, I'll say it can do it in about the same 4 seconds. I only got the tach up to 9128 doing that -- I guess I should have tried harder :) I was more worried about putting it through its paces in the twisties. Let's just say in certain canyons at certain times of day certain people were able to do 60's & 70's (mph) and the ST was very safe and stable feeling. The ride is really stiff and you can't adjust the shocks.

The new brakes are great too!

Lamonster
11-06-2012, 07:36 PM

If I can get out to the strip in the next couple of weeks I'll get a slip to match up to yours. You do have a time slip right?

Sarge707
11-06-2012, 10:01 PM
After putting 500 miles on it in 4 days, I'll say it can do it in about the same 4 seconds. I only got the tach up to 9128 doing that -- I guess I should have tried harder :) I was more worried about putting it through its paces in the twisties. Let's just say in certain canyons at certain times of day certain people were able to do 60's & 70's (mph) and the ST was very safe and stable feeling. The ride is really stiff and you can't adjust the shocks.

The new brakes are great too!

I need Documented time trials !! Seat of the pants doesn,t count ! I feel my GS in second gear hits 60 in 3.5 Seconds BUT you wouldn,t believe that would you??:dontknow: