PDA

View Full Version : Are you planing on owning the new ST ? If so post here!

Lamonster
09-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I just now got my wife to want to go on rides with me on the RT and after Nathans wreck I was sure that those days were over but much to my surprise she still wants to ride. :thumbup:

I was thinking I was not ready to give up the RT now for an ST if she wasn't going to want to ride on it with me but once again she surprised me and said she would still ride on the ST and knows I need to keep current on what I'm promoting and the ST is more my style. So I'm slowly releasing myself emotionally from the RT and starting to get pumped up for starting a new project with the ST. :yes::2excited:

My next struggle was what ST to go with. I decided I'm going to start with the yellow ST-S SE package.

Options I would like are:

Trailer hitch package with wiring. I bought a used black RT-622 and I plan on towing it with this. I would need the plug for the trailer to go to the new plug on the ST. I see it's square now.
AM/FM Integrated Audio System with iPod hook up
Akrapovic Sport Silencer
Fog Light kit
Heated grips from the ST Limited. I got to have my heated grips after having them on the RT.

So now the planning and waiting game begins.

Adirondack Mik
09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
If the Boss lets me I'm right with you. She loves the yellow, and heated grips are a must for us Yankees. I get the feeling I might be riding the RT and she will be riding the ST.:bowdown:

MarkLawson
09-30-2012, 04:37 PM
If my wife rode her GS more, I'd get her an upgrade to the ST, but don't see it happening anytime soon. She's probably only ridden a couple of hundred miles this year.

MarkLawson
09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Lamont, I know you're planning to sell your '08, if you haven't already. Now it sounds like you're also planning to give upi your RT, if I read your post about releasing yourself emotionally from the RT. So, will you only have one Spyder soon?

Zygos
09-30-2012, 04:42 PM
​​Similar to the way I was looking at it, but for a couple of differences

Pure Magnesium ST S SE

Akrapovic Sport Silencer
Fog Light kit
Heated grips (did not know this was possible?). Lamont I assume this can be done from reading your post? Do tell.
Already have the bags will just need new color panels
I would like to add the Garmen set up (wiring and holder) if I can? I already have a Garmin 665

Wife made it easy on me

Blackcurrent ST Limited SE

won't need any mods.

DynamoBT
09-30-2012, 05:38 PM
I honestly can't justify getting an ST when I'm not exactly riding my RS that much. Hubby has had a lot of contract projects that have taken up his time. Since I like to ride with him more than I like riding alone, I just haven't done much. I'd give my eye teeth for a Circuit Yellow ST-S SM.

I need to win the SweepSTakes!!!!

MikeinGA
09-30-2012, 06:36 PM
It would be for my wife. I wish they (BRP) would give details to us. She likes the 2012 RS-S SE5 in black and red.

Mike

NancysToy
09-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I've been trying to talk Nancy into trading her GS for an ST. No nibbles yet, but she seems to be softening in her protests. The ST would suit the artificial knee better, and be easier on her arthritis. Right now 100 miles is about the limit before she starts hurting pretty badly. I think the ST would get her on the road on her own again. I love having her as a passenger on the RT, but I am filled with pride when I see her on her own machine.

DynamoBT
09-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Gee Scotty, I might have to have you make a call to my husband. He's the stick in the mud over any upgrade. That ST-S is calling to me. I can hear it!!!

NancysToy
09-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Gee Scotty, I might have to have you make a call to my husband. He's the stick in the mud over any upgrade. That ST-S is calling to me. I can hear it!!!
Yep, riding two-up with "Arthur" gets to you after a while. You know as well as anybody. Being bionic isn't all it's cracked up to be. :D

DynamoBT
09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I've gotten pretty good mounting and dismounting from the right side with a passenger on the Spyder. But. That doesn't mean I'm not drooling over the ST!!

Lamonster
09-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Lamont, I know you're planning to sell your '08, if you haven't already. Now it sounds like you're also planning to give upi your RT, if I read your post about releasing yourself emotionally from the RT. So, will you only have one Spyder soon?

I'm getting my RS in top shape now, will be up for sale this week for 10K. I figure I have 30K plus into it.

The RT was a loaner anyway as part of the Spyder 5 thing and my future plans are to own a new 201? RT and a ST seeing my wife says she want's to ride too. I'll most likely restore my 109 and give it a fresh paint job as I'll be out of money after I buy the ST.

Spyder Cat
09-30-2012, 08:27 PM
.... seeing my wife says she want's to ride too.

How cool Lamont!!!! I was concerned that Chris would swear off on riding..... that's just awesome!

So, a question for you . . . . what are your ideas for a passenger backrest for the ST?

Lamonster
09-30-2012, 08:35 PM
How cool Lamont!!!! I was concerned that Chris would swear off on riding..... that's just awesome!

So, a question for you . . . . what are your ideas for a passenger backrest for the ST?

The only thing that works for me is a Corbin with the removable backrest.

http://www.corbin.com/can-am/cas_3t.jpg

VaughnCat
09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
If my wife rode her GS more, I'd get her an upgrade to the ST, but don't see it happening anytime soon. She's probably only ridden a couple of hundred miles this year.
You might ask her what she really likes to do . . . not everyone is a motorhead . . . My brother bought this big touring machine 'because his wife said she would ride with him' . . . . I think that he was the one that wanted it, but sort of blamed her because she didn't want to ride as much as he did, and he 'really' wanted a Concours . . . . I say, buy what you like to ride, and let everyone else decide what they want to do. . . . my late wife of almost 37 years would ride with me very seldom . . . (motorcycles) . . . the planets and stars would have to be alighned, the temperature just right, and no bugs. Cat on the other hand (Spyder Cat) and the other part of VaughnCat found new joy in riding a Spyder after almost 30 years after riding her last dirt/steet bike . . . . Ya just never know what another person would enjoy. . . . I tell some people that our Spyders are like the go-cart we didn't have as a kid.

Schnauzer
09-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Curious why they are not offering the limited with SM tranny.

Spydr in KS
10-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Wow only 2 out of 19 in the poll opted for a manual tranny as of this morning

Lamonster
10-01-2012, 07:47 AM

Look at the poll above and that might give you an idea. :doorag:

MrLooney
10-01-2012, 08:45 AM
There are Pros and Cons to both Transmissions. Personally I want to loose the clutch and manual shifting as I have a tendency to shift the wrong direction a 10,000 RPM nojoke:cus: I am lucky I havn't left an oil slick. I thought I read somewhere the :ani29: SM has a reverse pattern shift up for ^^ and down for vv? is that right?

I love the feel of a shift kit in a good Turbo Hydro trans or a Torqueflight the sound of tires chirping in second gear. :ohyea:

I am hoping for an SE when I can get my :spyder2:

I am planning on taking a second look at them in HK next weekend!! Hopefully they will allow me a test ride?

Dan

MrLooney
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi Spider Cat

I see your from Cave Junction! I know the area, been there many times in the late 80's.

Some great wineries in that area of Oregon !!

Dan

Littlebadwolf
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Whoever buys your 08 is gonna get a great deal..

Lamonster
10-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Whoever buys your 08 is gonna get a great deal..

I have things on it that I forgot I had. It runs great and I'm going through everything front to back now. I'll do a video of what the buyer will be getting when I'm done. Like I said I would jump on it today a head cross country with it without batting an eye, it's been a great bike. :doorag:

MarkLawson
10-01-2012, 02:23 PM
You might ask her what she really likes to do . . . not everyone is a motorhead . . . My brother bought this big touring machine 'because his wife said she would ride with him' . . . . I think that he was the one that wanted it, but sort of blamed her because she didn't want to ride as much as he did, and he 'really' wanted a Concours . . . . I say, buy what you like to ride, and let everyone else decide what they want to do. . . . my late wife of almost 37 years would ride with me very seldom . . . (motorcycles) . . . the planets and stars would have to be alighned, the temperature just right, and no bugs. Cat on the other hand (Spyder Cat) and the other part of VaughnCat found new joy in riding a Spyder after almost 30 years after riding her last dirt/steet bike . . . . Ya just never know what another person would enjoy. . . . I tell some people that our Spyders are like the go-cart we didn't have as a kid.

She was fine for years on the back of my Goldwing, but decided to be like my two brother's wives and get her own license & bike. She wanted to get a new Honda Silverwing with ABS because she didn't want to mess with shifting. After one year & 262 miles (many of which I put on it) she told me she wasn't confident enough on two wheels & wanted a trike instead. That was in June of 2009 & also when we first learned about the Spyder from an article by Fred Rau in MSN. We looked at them & she decided what she wanted. This year has been a tough one for her, work wise, with 11 hour days and weekends. Easily the busiest year she's had in the almost 30 years with the company. She has an excuse for not riding much, but I also think she just doesn't have the passion most of us share.

But with all that said, she's a keeper in every way!

spydee owner
10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I wondered that too. My preference would be the black currant sts limited with the sm trans.
Maybe it has something to do with electronic cruise control. When I am on the BRP site, to build and price, the STS window hangs up when the select transmission is selected. So, I actually wonder if the electronic cruise is actually available on the STS with the manual trans.
:dontknow:

Tin Man
10-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I wondered that too. My preference would be the black currant sts limited with the sm trans.
Maybe it has something to do with electronic cruise control. When I am on the BRP site, to build and price, the STS window hangs up when the select transmission is selected. So, I actually wonder if the electronic cruise is actually available on the STS with the manual trans.
:dontknow:
Had the same issues when i tried pick the transmission on the st limited. I prefer the manual transmission.

Ken Thomas
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm getting my RS in top shape now, will be up for sale this week for 10K. I figure I have 30K plus into it.

The RT was a loaner anyway as part of the Spyder 5 thing and my future plans are to own a new 201? RT and a ST seeing my wife says she want's to ride too. I'll most likely restore my 109 and give it a fresh paint job as I'll be out of money after I buy the ST.

Is it a SE ??

Ken Thomas
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I have things on it that I forgot I had. It runs great and I'm going through everything front to back now. I'll do a video of what the buyer will be getting when I'm done. Like I said I would jump on it today a head cross country with it without batting an eye, it's been a great bike. :doorag:
I would buy today if it is auto ??

pro10is
10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I've got my eye on the Black Currant ST Limited. It's -exactly- what I wanted in the first place but no such beast existed in 2011 so I went with the RS-S. I'd also want the Akrapovic Sport Silencer. Can't wait to hear what that beauty sounds like. I also need the trailer hitch package as I plan to do some serious cruising and a trailer will be necessary.

I haven't been this excited since I was out looking for my first Spyder. My dealer says he should have them in within a few months. The waiting is the toughest part. At least I have time to plan out the graphics.

mjw930
10-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Lamont,

Any guess whether a current Ultimate seat for a GS/RS would fit the ST? It looks like the same upper chassis so my immediate guess is it would.

spyderrock
10-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey Lamont just got back from the dealer here today, brought the 2011 rt ltd in for service before it gets parked for our long winter here. Had a long talk about which ST I am going to get. I love the ST ltd everything about it, I think its going to be a great seller for BRP. I also like the ST-S but what im wondering is if a company like Corbin is going to make an upper trunk and side bags for it. To me that is the deciding factor and im sure they have a design in the works. I will also be adding the trailer hitch heated grips gps fog lights and the new muffler system. If I decide to go the ST ltd route I have a paint scheme already planed for the Blackcurrant color it involves silver and a shade of orange. If I go the ST-S route I would get the yellow because I like the shade of it but as far as graphics we still need to work that out. Either way it will be a great bike, cant wait for the bike show here in January that will be the first time I get to see one.

vtrider
10-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I've been to my dealer and looking to get an ST-S or the ST-LTD. I would like to keep my RS for my 17 year old son to ride. At this time though, I don't know if I can afford to do that. I will know more by March or April next spring. The ST is what I really was looking for in a Spyder. I can't wait to take one on a test ride!

:2excited:

Spydr in KS
10-07-2012, 03:28 PM
I think the ST-S is a winner! But I don't really get the ST Limited. What do you guys see in it over, for the price, just go for an RT?

EnjoyingTheRyde
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I've been seriously thinking about trading my 2 wheels in for 3 but I'm torn in the transmission department. I've ridden my wifes RT-S with the SE but I think I'd like to have an SM. At the same time I like the idea of floor boards but as you know, no boards on the SM. Maybe I'll keep my bike another year and spend some time trying out ALL of them next summer... :gaah:

Lamonster
10-07-2012, 08:10 PM
This was posted on Can Am's Facebook page.

Your nights are about to get a lot more interesting. The all-new 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST. Available in Spring 2013.
:banghead:

flamingobabe
10-08-2012, 01:52 PM
well I want a ST-S or the Limited...I really like the RS-S and just add a few accesories...
AM/FM Integrated Audio System with iPod hook up
Akrapovic Sport Silencer
Fog Light kit
Heated grips from the ST Limited.
But the Limited has everything......I would have to sell mine....and I love it....not sure of the emotional tug....anybody want to buy my Spyder

rrman01
10-09-2012, 02:28 AM
hey lamont how about shipping it here to me in aus ,,, hey imagan how many second hand bikes will be out there when 2013 come out the second hand market will be flooded ,, any way do u need a bike licence over there to ride em like u do ova here,, if not can see a lot of new riders ova there the bikes are still a new thing here anyway cant wait for the yellow st ill be goin to check it out just a bummer about the price here about 30k for one just a guess but a new rss will set us back 26k wt :banghead:

spyderman526
11-11-2012, 12:26 PM
im getting a st-s sm5 with the auido system the side bags blue tooth & heated grips n i will be putting my custem duel exhaust one pipe on each side like my rs-s has now it will be two brothers love the sound of the two brothers the color i want is the black curent but cant get it wit the manual trans so the color is yet to be chosen yet trying to figure the look i want yet to know the color

Questions
11-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Currently I am a Goldwing rider, but after riding my wifes RT I would really consider downgrading...lol

Thanks

Osros
11-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Voted ST-S with SE, Mag. It will be my first Spyder I just know I want the ST I demo the RS and RT and loved them both I'm wanting the seating and posture of the ST and not wanting all the other stuff the RT Has to offer I will be a solo rider most of the time. I'm not too crazy about the color choices but can live with it. The ST Limited I like but just too much for my budget unless the dealer give me a good deal the extra $4000+ just takes it over the top for me.

Linki10
11-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Have a ST-S on order to replace the RS-S should be here around january :2thumbs:
Options Ordered:
Radio
ipod kit
Backrest/sport rack

Linki10
11-13-2012, 07:46 PM
im getting a st-s sm5 with the auido system the side bags blue tooth & heated grips n i will be putting my custem duel exhaust one pipe on each side like my rs-s has now it will be two brothers love the sound of the two brothers the color i want is the black curent but cant get it wit the manual trans so the color is yet to be chosen yet trying to figure the look i want yet to know the color

I want to do the same thing to my spyder was wondering if you had any problems mounting the pipe near the belt?
Thanks

mcaccamise
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
I just cant understand why anyone would give up their fully accessorized RSS or RT to jump on the band wagon for a new fangled ST that will add $4000.00 to the price of a RSS.
I sure could add a lot of accessories to my 2012 RSS and enjoy the wind in my hair what am i missing here?
I love my Spyder and wouldent give it up to have the latest and greatest just to jump on the bandwagon.
Mike

spydrluvr
12-02-2012, 01:27 PM

maybe the rs isn't comfortable for her....leaning on the hands and all.....just sayin'.....:dontknow:

SpyderLady
12-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I would love one if it weren't for the fact that I sold my RS and got the RT in January. I only got the RT due to some of the features they are now putting on this one. Oh well maybe in a few years. Color..... never a question... I would have to have it painted with "MY" purple color (of course):2thumbs::2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

mjw930
03-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but back in Sept. I somewhat randomly voted that we would buy an ST-S SE in Pure Magnesium.
Well, 6 months later, long after forgetting about this poll the wife bought a new ST-S SE5 in Pure Magnesium :yes: after 4 great years with her '08 GS SE5.

We'll pick it up later in the week, they have to get it in from another dealer on a dealer trade. Talk about premonitions :2thumbs:

jwhatman
03-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeaj but you know your wife way too well. We had to have something else for you to tinker with. The BMW has everything already, so now you just have to put on my accessories. Love you babe. Just trying to keep you occupied.