PDA

View Full Version : New Project

Dragonrider
09-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I have ordered the newly priced "Cat Bypass" and Yosh R77 to be installed when they arrive. I'll update this with a report on (1) the ease of this project, (2) the sound of the new system, and (3) any noticeable performance changes.

Later, I'll add any milage changes. However, this is the time of year that the weather can become adverse at any time, so it may take a while to compile the last bit.

Finally, I'll see if there's a difference between ETOH and non-ETOH fuel with the new system, since I now have a supplier nearby. It makes a significant difference with the stock system.

quickster47
09-30-2012, 03:45 PM
From where did you order the cat bypass piece?

TIA,

Carl

Dragonrider
09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Spyder1attitude.com

He's cut his price in half....can't wait for the parts to arrive! :yes::yes::yes:

SpydermanCT
09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
So your saying the Cat By-Pass is $225 not $450?

Dragonrider
09-30-2012, 07:07 PM
No, $450 IS the reduced price. It was too expensive before. Now it's the same price as the exhaust.

medicineman48
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I had mine done by a local shop. Total cost $129.00. I did not have to do or remove anything.

Dragonrider
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
The only "local" shop that would touch it wanted $500 & it wasn't reversible - this is. I may wish to return the bike to stock someday.

I believe this is another issue that will vary, depending on where you live.

Dragonrider
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Most of my parts should arrive over the next week. Since riding season is rapidly closing here, I have one more long ride scheduled before stripping the old girl.

I'll start another thread with pics, to include the installation of the cat eliminator, R77 can, new plugs & wires, Stable horn, and - oh, yes - the dash bag. I've found a company here that will ceramic coat the headers for $0.75 a foot, so I'm going to do that too.

I an NOT looking forward to stripping off all the tupperware, but that's what's ahead.

Wish me luck.

Bob Denman
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
:2thumbs: Soon it'll be time to start spinning some wrenches... Goos Luck! :thumbup:
We're waiting to hear about your results! :bbq:

SPYDER Mike
10-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Really looking forward to hearing about your CAT bypass project. I've been thinking about getting one. I already have the Spyder1attitude exhaust. I'm just not sure about how much one can do to the exhaust before having to get a "Juice Box Fuel Controller" :popcorn:

With the Spyder1attitude exhaust I'll get a few a small backfires when engine is cold, but only on 1st to 2nd gear shifts.
This does stop after the engine has warmed-up.

jmstiffany
10-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I had mine done by a local shop. Total cost $129.00. I did not have to do or remove anything.

Can you send pics? It might be easier to let somenoe here see what is needed than try to explain.

Thanks
James

Dragonrider
10-09-2012, 10:37 AM
The parts are dribbling in - still waiting for the BRP replacement panel and the bipass. Look like the project will start with the rains here in the Great Northwet….

Dragonrider
10-10-2012, 10:15 AM
The bipass was ordered with the BRP exhaust gaskets… Care to guess why the bipass hasn't shipped yet?? Hopefully, it will ship next week.

In my write-up, I'll include the installation of the new dash bag. Haven't had a lick of trouble with mine, so I'll install this one the same way.

Dragonrider
10-15-2012, 10:10 AM
:yes::yes: Just got notified that the last of my parts are on the way!! Want to get this DONE!! Might see some sun next week...

SPYDER Mike
10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Deputy56
10-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Cat bypass coming tomorrow, exhaust by Thursday, will welcome decrease in Temps. More to follow

Dragonrider
10-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Let me tell you that installing the bipass is not for the faint of heart, nor can it be done solo, if you value your gaskets. I had to remove the tupperware - all of it - from both sides of the RT, and still haven't been able to get all of the "hangers" connected yet.

The front two required a floor jack, and the hangers on the bipass are threaded, which makes them slightly too large, and hard to manipulate.. More to come, and Pics too.

Dragonrider
10-21-2012, 06:35 PM
OK, I'm moving this thread to the RT Tech forum.

Dragonrider
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Other than waiting for the grommet, so I can finish the assembly, the project is done - and I just added the Dash Bag installation (with pics) to the thread.

My next project will be to install a motorcycle shop lift in my shop!!