PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Spyders

oldgoat
09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Just finished a 5000 mile tour of NV, CO, NM, AZ & UT (not on my Spyder). Saw only 2 Spyders on the entire trip. One on I40 between Holbrook & Flagstaff & another in Santa Fe.
Saw a gazillion Harley type bikes & another gazillion BMWs but only those 2 lone Spyders.

I was suprised at the lack of them.

LV & Tucson were well over 100°F & I decided I could never ride anything in temps like that. I know there are a few denizens of LV here. My hat (helmet) goes off to you!!

BajaRon
09-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Just finished a 5000 mile tour of NV, CO, NM, AZ & UT (not on my Spyder). Saw only 2 Spyders on the entire trip. One on I40 between Holbrook & Flagstaff & another in Santa Fe.
Saw a gazillion Harley type bikes & another gazillion BMWs but only those 2 lone Spyders.

I was suprised at the lack of them.

LV & Tucson were well over 100°F & I decided I could never ride anything in temps like that. I know there are a few denizens of LV here. My hat (helmet) goes off to you!!

Heat is only a matter of the mind. You can do it.... :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
09-28-2012, 10:06 PM
I recently returned from an 8,900 mile trip and I saw several Spyders. In fact on the American Legion Legacy ride there were about 20 Spyders on the three day ride. We went to Cowtown and while we were in Cuba we saw a Spyder at a local restaurant and that night there were 2 RT's with Minnesota plates at the hotel. We saw a few in Kansas City and we saw Spyders on the road in Iowa and in Minnesota. In Wyoming we even met a French guy who was on a rental Spyder.

Every year we see more and more.

GloryRyders
09-29-2012, 05:52 AM
We just got back for 3500 miles round trip to Yellowstone and did not see a single one besides ours.:dontknow: It sure got lonesome for a little companionship!:lecturef_smilie:

crossbowme
09-29-2012, 07:08 AM
I drove my truck to Prudhoe Bay, AK to St. Louis, MO and back to ME (12305 miles) in August and saw only two outside of Maine.