PDA

View Full Version : driver backrest

aubierules
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Anybody have any idea if they make a drivers back rest for the spyder? i used to have a suzuki savage and protac made a removeabledrivers backrest...wonderfull on long rides

csmead
01-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes, but I did not order one.....
I think (although it looks totally different-view on the CamAm Spyder website) it is a part of the componet system. You must purchase the back rack, then the backrest clamps onto the rack. This is how it works on Harley D's. It totals about $500 for both parts.

Lamonster
01-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes, but I did not order one.....
I think (although it looks totally different-view on the CamAm Spyder website) it is a part of the componet system. You must purchase the back rack, then the backrest clamps onto the rack. This is how it works on Harley D's. It totals about $500 for both parts.

I think he wants a drivers backrest like the Utopia. The Spyder one is just for the passanger I'm pretty sure.

aubierules
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
yeah..just for the driver..protac makes them, but not for the spidey yet

csmead
01-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood. Talked to my spouse and he said that until we actually get the bike to compare it to different bike company products, he would assume that a good fabricator and upholstery shop could help you. However....I ordered the mono seat cowl. Placement over the passenger seat portion gives a small driver's backrest/backsupport. It's not much....but it was all they were offering!