PDA

View Full Version : Update on Erags...prayers answered!

DocRags
09-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Met with the doctor today to review Ed's tests...everything was improved after 2 cycles of chemo. :yes::yes::yes: Hooray! His bilateral :yikes: bone marrow biopsies were both negative, chest xray negative, CT scans with decreased size of lymph nodes, lab all OK...great report, all in all. Doctor recommended a slight decrease in chemo dose of even-numbered cycles to see if that will keep his white cells up enough to minimize infection risk. He's cleared to start Chemo Cycle 3 on Monday...hopefully six cycles (maybe 8) will get him into remission. We had a great trip to Houston, riding with some of the local folks and visiting with the Southern Cruisers at Crazy Frog's. :ohyea:Our new RT is up to 500 miles already, so we'll be due for the first tune-up by the time we arrive home...will need to see if we can set that up and get one of our local guys to take it in while Ed's in the hospital next week. Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and good wishes. We just love our Spyder family. :thumbup:

jScotD
09-27-2012, 10:46 PM
always good to see the positive side of life

d.o.spyder-rts
09-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Great news! Good luck with round 3. Dale

SpyderAnn01
09-28-2012, 01:29 AM
Great news!

boomerkc
09-28-2012, 01:47 AM
My prayers and thoughts are with you. It's good to hear the positive things from you. We want to believe prayers can help and each day we realize the miracles that are the result of medical protocal, positive thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to meeting you at Spyderfest '13. Keep up the "good stuff".

Jim

Adirondack Mik
09-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers for both of you.:pray:

Ga Blue Knight
09-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Great news!

PCBeachBum
09-28-2012, 03:24 AM
I guess I can unpack my bag since you already picked up the RT. Kept looking for another post before the 18th and didn't see one Doc, I wonder why?:dontknow: :roflblack:

Ed and Cheryl, since rounds 1 & 2 went great for Mr. Clean, I :pray: that the rest will go great also.:thumbup:

I have my Spyder at home and it needs a little more work. My friend the tech said two weeks before looking at it, he heard something coming from the throttle body and rubber throttle body holder needs to be replaced. It cracked at 2 of the bolts on the right side only and I first noticed cracks when I removed the air box almost a year ago, replacing it with the performance air kit. It wasn't a problem than but got worse over time. Spraying brake cleaner on the cracks while it was running, we could smell it coming out the exhaust. Also ordered new valve cover gaskets since they are bad and will check and adjust valves while the covers are off. Than hook up the rest of the lights and add the modual that I payed for but only got the remotes. Talking to the tech yesterday, he said he can finish it next week since the parts are in and knows of a way to prevent the rubber holder from cracking again at the bolts.

CyncySpyder
09-28-2012, 04:15 AM
:doorag::yes::yes::yes:Hard to say it could be much better than that:yes::yes::yes::doorag:

GloryRyders
09-28-2012, 05:34 AM
GREAT NEWS :2thumbs:.................... ON TO ROUND 3!

Kungfuspyder
09-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Everything sounds great for Ed, prayer does work! Glad yall had a great time with our extended family of Spyder owners. Hope to see yall soon.

Tomite
09-28-2012, 05:52 AM
That's great news.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-28-2012, 06:22 AM
:clap:So glad to hear that things are improving...This is a fantastic group of people to have on your side...With this amount of prayer concentrated, mountains can be moved!!! Getting out for a ride is good therapy too! Praying for continued success with treatment.
--Paula

Ivorspyder
09-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Good news.May everything continue to go well.

Ivor:spyder:

Bob Denman
09-28-2012, 06:43 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_104.gif It sure doesn't sound as if the news could have been any better than that! Keep up the great work! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_206.gif :ohyea::ohyea:

Schnauzer
09-28-2012, 07:37 AM
:yes:. "FANTABULOUS NEWS", I hope your journey home is a safe one. Offer still stands, anytime/all the time.

If you can get "Ed" to wear an eyelash, sure would like to see a pic:roflblack:.

Rar
09-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Great news! :2thumbs: Continued prayers for continued success. On to Round 3 :pray:

flamingobabe
09-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Great news....it was great to visit with y'all...til next time

DynamoBT
09-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Terrific news!!!! Hope the rest of the treatments go well.

ARtraveler
09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Great news! Thoughts and :pray: continue to go with you.

johnnyrocket
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Met with the doctor today to review Ed's tests...everything was improved after 2 cycles of chemo. :yes::yes::yes: Hooray! His bilateral :yikes: bone marrow biopsies were both negative, chest xray negative, CT scans with decreased size of lymph nodes, lab all OK...great report, all in all. Doctor recommended a slight decrease in chemo dose of even-numbered cycles to see if that will keep his white cells up enough to minimize infection risk. He's cleared to start Chemo Cycle 3 on Monday...hopefully six cycles (maybe 8) will get him into remission. We had a great trip to Houston, riding with some of the local folks and visiting with the Southern Cruisers at Crazy Frog's. :ohyea:Our new RT is up to 500 miles already, so we'll be due for the first tune-up by the time we arrive home...will need to see if we can set that up and get one of our local guys to take it in while Ed's in the hospital next week. Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and good wishes. We just love our Spyder family. :thumbup:

Glad to hear the good news! Continued prayers for you both.

WackyDan
09-28-2012, 12:14 PM
:yes:

bruiser
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Now that's what i'm talkin' about. :clap:

rhansen309
09-28-2012, 04:06 PM

Great news!!!!

exwinger
09-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Great news , keep the faith and look forward , never backwards. Git r done !

DocRags
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM
:yes:. "FANTABULOUS NEWS", I hope your journey home is a safe one. Offer still stands, anytime/all the time.

If you can get "Ed" to wear an eyelash, sure would like to see a pic:roflblack:.There will be NO eyelashes on "Ed," I can guarantee you, Schnauzer! :roflblack:

spydaman60
09-28-2012, 05:55 PM
the power of prayer!!! great news!!!:thumbup: