PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Shores trip, maybe not

Gunkandpudge
09-27-2012, 09:59 PM
We departed for Gulf Shores Wednesday from Hot Springs Ar. The trip's first leg to Yazoo City Mississippi was great. The Spyder with my new BRP Trailer performed great. We started this AM for our final destination. About 45 mins out of Yazoo at a stop light we were informed that our trailer's lights were not working. About 5 miles later coming to a stop every light on the informational screen lit-up. I had low oil, ABS brake failure, limp home mode, check engine. No brake lights on the spider. I pulled in, or better limped in to a small Can-AM dealer, Jackson Power Sports. They took me right in, even though they had plenty of service work. They found that I blew a fuse, L5. They replaced the fuse, gave me a couple extra fuses and I was on my way. We got about 20 miles south of Jackson and bam....once again the infor cluster lit up again, including Limp home mode. I pulled over and stopped, turning the Spyder off. We talked it over and decided to head back to Hot Springs. I turned on the Spyder and all warnings were gone. We still headed for home. I had to pull over approx 20 times to turn off the engine, then turn it back on. We got home tonight just prior to sunset. All day long I was in touch with my dealer, but no luck on anything I tried. I will be bring the RT and Trailer to my dealer tomorrow AM. :mad:

ARtraveler
09-27-2012, 10:15 PM
First of all, glad you folks made it back home safely. It sounds like things are happening due to some electrical glitch. What a bummer to have a nice trip ruined by something like that.

I had a similar experience on our last trip and I know exactly how you are feeling about all this. It turned out to be minor, but it is a bummer when the screens light up and make you feel like the :ani29: is going to self destruct.

Please keep us posted, and let us know the outcome.

Tigger
09-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Glad you made it home. One rule I have is to never make changes before a long trip. Sounds like the new trailer may be the culprit.

SpyderAnn01
09-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Will your Spyder shift into reverse?

nyfdtsdemt
09-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Hey i trailered my with the RV to Dolphin Island

Ran all thru the area Pensacola, Moblie was great trailer it down next time!

Gunkandpudge
09-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Will your Spyder shift into reverse?

Yes, all gears worked ok once I turned off the engine then back on. The traffic light a half mile from the dealer caused me to hit the brakes moderately and once again the informational lights now included power steering failure. Anyway poor spyder is in the hospital. Laughingly I asked the service manager what time today could I pickup my Spyder? He smiled and said 6:00 PM, I said but you close at 5:30. We both laughed.