PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

Babymoose
01-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi
New to the board so I thought I would introduce myself. My nick is Babymoose. I live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. I don't own a Spyder yet just ordered it last week. Was told that I should get one in May 2008. I currently ride a Kawasaki 1600 Nomad and pull a tent trailer behind it. I will be looking to put a hitch on the Spyder. The fella that made the one for my Nomad thinks he can make one for the Spyder. He thinks it will be pretty long though. I just got to sit on A Spyder at the bike show 3 days ago and I think adjusting to the different riding position will not be a problem and I will just have to adjust to the different handling as well I guess. Looking forward to it. I will keep checking here for 'what's new'.

matusky
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi
New to the board so I thought I would introduce myself. My nick is Babymoose. I live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. I don't own a Spyder yet just ordered it last week. Was told that I should get one in May 2008. I currently ride a Kawasaki 1600 Nomad and pull a tent trailer behind it. I will be looking to put a hitch on the Spyder. The fella that made the one for my Nomad thinks he can make one for the Spyder. He thinks it will be pretty long though. I just got to sit on A Spyder at the bike show 3 days ago and I think adjusting to the different riding position will not be a problem and I will just have to adjust to the different handling as well I guess. Looking forward to it. I will keep checking here for 'what's new'.

Manual says you shouldn't trailer with the Spyder because the VSS, EBD and ABS won't be able to function correctly...... but I was thinking of doing it too, lol!

Nzone
01-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Welcome eh. If you do figure out how to install a hitch. Can you post a picture? :welcome:

Lamonster
01-15-2008, 08:11 AM
:welcome: :congrats:

Plan on putting a hitch on my too. ;D :doorag:

2faston3
01-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Guys:

I also look forward to pulling a trailer with my Spyder. I have heard the Bushtec is making a hitch for the spyder.

Check them out at

www.bushtec.com

2faston3

Babymoose
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will post pics of my hitch if and when I get it done. I looked at Bushtec trailers years ago, but I am towing a tent trailer :bigthumbsup: If anyone comes up with a hitch before I get my Spyder (can we call it a Bike?) please post pics and info on getting one.

matusky
01-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will post pics of my hitch if and when I get it done. I looked at Bushtec trailers years ago, but I am towing a tent trailer :bigthumbsup: If anyone comes up with a hitch before I get my Spyder (can we call it a Bike?) please post pics and info on getting one.

Hey Babymoose........ have any pics of your tent trailer? I'm kinda new to bikes altogether and would love to see what you're talking about!

Babymoose
01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey Babymoose........ have any pics of your tent trailer? I'm kinda new to bikes altogether and would love to see what you're talking about!

Mine is a 1987 Tiny Mite weighs about 350lbs loaded. It is not the quickest to set up, but you can store quite a bit in it when you are towing it
Try this link: http://babymoose.shutterfly.com/action/?a=0IbOWzVqycMWFZ&notag=1
http://babymoose.shutterfly.com/action/?a=0IbOWzVqycMWFZ&notag=1
hope something works

matusky
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Is something like that basically a steel frame with fiberglass?

I'm looking to fabricate an all aluminum painted trailer that follows the same lines as the Spyder with a similar brake light design and some carbon fiber, yellow and black so they just blend together..... but I'm concerned about functionality and weight....... mostly weight, ;D

Babymoose
01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Is something like that basically a steel frame with fiberglass?

I'm looking to fabricate an all aluminum painted trailer that follows the same lines as the Spyder with a similar brake light design and some carbon fiber, yellow and black so they just blend together..... but I'm concerned about functionality and weight....... mostly weight, ;D

Yeah mine is a steel frame with leaf spring axle. The newer models have the independent torsion suspension axles. Sounds like a good looking trailer you are planning.

matusky
01-17-2008, 11:46 PM
yeah, I tend to go a little overboard on the trailer thing...... I work for a company that puts LED video screens on wheels.... so I've engineered a few of those from scratch... heaviest one weighed in at about 18,000 lbs with a Caterpillar diesel generator on board...... I built myself a 24' cargo trailer, V-Nose with 8' inside ceiling height for a small contracting business I have...... it has R17 foam insulation in the walls and a 20,000BTU air conditioning system along with 12v, 120 and 240VAC power, solar panels on the roof, built in air compressor with ports for air and plugs for power all around, inside and out..............so a small aluminum one for the Spyder should be a piece of cake!!

I'll definitely be posting pics of it when I get it together