PDA

View Full Version : Don't Call Lamont...

BajaRon
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Just a quick heads-up.

If you have an issue with a vendor here on Spyderlovers, please don't call Lamont.

I include my phone number with any of my products that require instructions and I assume that the other vendors do the same. If you don't have that then you can still contact me here at Spyderlovers or use my email address at fyredad@hotmail.com

I may not respond immediately but I will get back to you, usually in a few hours, unless I'm out doing something REALLY important like developing a Sway Bar for the RT or taking my wife to dinner.

Lamont screens the vendors he allows here on Spyderlovers. He doesn't just let anyone in the front door and believe me, you can't buy your way onto the home page. That does not mean you will never have an issue with a vendor or product here, but it does mean that you don't need to push the panic button as your first step in resolving the problem. No vendor on Spyderlovers is here to rip you off.

I put a lot of effort into producing and delivering quality products and I am sure the other vendors do the same. I don't think this is anything special because that is what I want from a vendor myself. Still, my product may not satisfy you. When that happens we are both unhappy and we both want a reasonable solution.

My message is simple, go to the vendor, please don't put it on Lamont.

Thanks for listening.... :ohyea:

Bob Denman
09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
...And here's to hoping that you never feel the need to call; other than to order some great stuff for your ryde... :cheers: :thumbup:

Ga Blue Knight
09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I had ordered a set of Glo-Ryder's and had a small issue. The owners were terrific in that they answered the phone themselves, answered my questions and sent a replacement part out immediately. We then spent a pleasant few min discussing new changes in the product planned for the future. I don't think there is a better group of vendors anywhere!

CyncySpyder
09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
:agree:Well said Ron:agree:

Jeriatric
09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Just a quick heads-up.

If you have an issue with a vendor here on Spyderlovers, please don't call Lamont.

I include my phone number with any of my products that require instructions and I assume that the other vendors do the same. If you don't have that then you can still contact me here at Spyderlovers or use my email address at fyredad@hotmail.com

I may not respond immediately but I will get back to you, usually in a few hours, unless I'm out doing something REALLY important like developing a Sway Bar for the RT or taking my wife to dinner.

Lamont screens the vendors he allows here on Spyderlovers. He doesn't just let anyone in the front door and believe me, you can't buy your way onto the home page. That does not mean you will never have an issue with a vendor or product here, but it does mean that you don't need to push the panic button as your first step in resolving the problem. No vendor on Spyderlovers is here to rip you off.

I put a lot of effort into producing and delivering quality products and I am sure the other vendors do the same. I don't think this is anything special because that is what I want from a vendor myself. Still, my product may not satisfy you. When that happens we are both unhappy and we both want a reasonable solution.

My message is simple, go to the vendor, please don't put it on Lamont.

Thanks for listening.... :ohyea:

It's unfortunate BRP gives direct referrals to Lamont for their problems too. I'm not making that up, because that's exactly what a customer service rep with BRP did. No way would I have ever done it, but that doesn't mean others won't.

ARtraveler
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Agree with the above. It is always best to deal directly with the company you are having a problem with. In the event they can't or wont solve the problem, then its time to post something.

To bother Lamont by calling him over a problem with a vendor, is harboring on ridiculous.

BajaRon
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
It's unfortunate BRP gives direct referrals to Lamont for their problems too. I'm not making that up, because that's exactly what a customer service rep with BRP did. No way would I have ever done it, but that doesn't mean others won't.

I'm not saying there is NO reason to call Lamont. BRP does refer some issues to Lamont because he has specific experience in that area. I don't want to speak for Lamont, he is very capable of doing that himself. I'm just asking everyone to think about what they are calling him about and be sure it is something that he is responsible for.

I must say that the huge majority of Spyderlovers are very courteous and handle their business professionally. The occasion for a post like this is extremely rare. Some people are fearful about doing business on line and when something goes wrong they may jump to conclusions.

This is a great place to be because of the great people that are here. I appreciate all the support that you all give to vendors and to each other.

Buttsy
09-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Six figure salary, free Spyder's, corporate jet to fly him around in, mexican vacation villa. I mean the list just goes on and on...............:yikes: :yikes: Heck I think Teddy even gets a lifetime supply of free milk bones? These paid spokesman types are looked after:roflblack:

Seriously though this forum and its members, Lamont, Cow Town and all the Spyder vendors do more for CanAm then they can ever pay for. :doorag:

Thanks to all of them....:thumbup:

PS: Is it just me that wants to always call Cow Town.......Moo Town? I think they should change their name?

MouthPiece
09-27-2012, 04:20 PM
:agree:Well said Ron:agree:

Agreed.

Chris

johnnyrocket
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I joined the ranks of ryders who have had a panel fly off my RT. It was the right side front panel. I found it but it's beyond repair. If anyone has a spare laying around they want to sell please let me know. Thanks

johnnyrocket
09-27-2012, 04:26 PM
I joined the ranks of ryders who have had a panel fly off my RT. It was the right side front panel. I found it but it's beyond repair. If anyone has a spare laying around they want to sell please let me know. Thanks
Sorry this was not supposed to go here:banghead:

Bob Denman
09-27-2012, 04:42 PM
We'll spread the word for you anyway! :thumbup: