PDA

View Full Version : New ST questions: floor boards vs. footpegs?

ViperWolf
09-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Wondering if anyone has figured out if the base ST SE5 will have floorboards or footpegs.

I see that both the ST-S and ST-Ltd come standard with the floorboards, and that the ST base has pegs: for sure in the manual, but still wondering about the automatic.

Wondering if the pegs can be removed off an ST SE5 (if that's what comes standard) and upgraded with BRP factory floorboards at a later date.

Also, when looking at 2013 accessories, it seems like the base ST can be upgraded with factory radio/ipod control.

Just wondering if I have to start out ($$) with an ST base, how close I can get it to ST-S like condition with upgrades (over time)

Finally, any facts on availability timeline to local dealers?

Thanks for your thoughts, safe riding.

Bob Denman
09-27-2012, 06:53 AM
I appreciate your tactic; but it ain't easy! :shocked: I bought an RT A&C because they couldn't find an RTS in the color that I wanted.
I'be spent two years brining that bike up to RTS specs... I'm now down to just the wheels as the final piece of the puzzle. :yes:
But it would have been much easier if I hadn't had to do it this way...

sealfloorboards
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Wondering if anyone has figured out if the base ST SE5 will have floorboards or footpegs.

I see that both the ST-S and ST-Ltd come standard with the floorboards, and that the ST base has pegs: for sure in the manual, but still wondering about the automatic.

Wondering if the pegs can be removed off an ST SE5 (if that's what comes standard) and upgraded with BRP factory floorboards at a later date.

Also, when looking at 2013 accessories, it seems like the base ST can be upgraded with factory radio/ipod control.

Just wondering if I have to start out ($$) with an ST base, how close I can get it to ST-S like condition with upgrades (over time)

Finally, any facts on availability timeline to local dealers?

Thanks for your thoughts, safe riding.

Once I get a chance to see the new ST and RT firsthand I'll be able to offer Seal FloorBoards, for much less than the half-sized BRP floorboards, in both the SE and SM models. Then you will really be able to........

Ride in comfort,:ohyea:

John
Seal FloorBoards

ARtraveler
09-27-2012, 11:27 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

CyncySpyder
09-27-2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54312&d=1348772186

2manycars
09-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I installed a set of Seal floorboards on my RT and they are great. The advantages over the BRP ones are two fold. The Seal boards allow for more foot positions, and they are half the price.

Just a thought if you are considering adding them to your RT (I am assuming you can).