PDA

View Full Version : recall issues

csmead
01-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I have not received my bike yet, but I have been hearing a lot about brake issues and recalls....any
feedback?

Lamonster
01-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I have not received my bike yet, but I have been hearing a lot about brake issues and recalls....any
feedback?

To date there have only been two recalls both on the brakes. I'm sure your Spyder will have those done before you get it. :doorag:

csmead
01-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Emailed w/someone from Arizona. The dealership replaced the bad diaphragm (?) and wants her to return it again next week for an additional recall. This would be the 3rd time, working on the brakes.

Lamonster
01-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Emailed w/someone from Arizona. The dealership replaced the bad diaphragm (?) and wants her to return it again next week for an additional recall. This would be the 3rd time, working on the brakes.

It may have been worked on three times but there are only two recalls that I know of. It may be that the work was not done right the last time. :dontknow:

tfjunkie
01-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I do not remember the specifics.....
But i am going by my dealers explanation of how thorough the company was on the brake recall issue.....

They got it down to the unit numbers on the assembly line, from there they were able to figure out which shift it happened on, then what employees were working and finally what went wrong.

I am not in possession of my spyder yet..................AND ITS KILLN ME.

Derwin
01-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Man, if BRP can get THAT specific about this, than I hate to be the guy working on the line at the time any "mistake" happened!

Derwin

tfjunkie
01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I was fortunate to meet a member of can-am/ B's spyder team at a dealership.
The impression i got was that an awful lot of company time and money went into this project.

That being said, i believe they are truly aiming this vehicle towards enthusiasts.

csmead
01-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I believe that a lot of R&D, as well as money went into this vehicle...would be more impressed if they could ship them out faster. I heard a rumor that the 1st 2500 are almost, if not completed. Somewhere, over the rainbow, is a truck with my scooter on it.
I would also be more impressed with the company's ability to track paperwork, if they could tell be which bike ## has been assigned --to be delivered --to me! A VIN # would not hurt (to start getting insurance bids) either.

tfjunkie
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
let me help you with the insurance issues.
$400.00 to $ 500.00 .
Full coverage, multi bike discount.

Of course age and riding experience will be the variable.

Progressive

If i get a chance i will try a few other insco's.

csmead
01-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Can't remember which board/blog I saw it posted, but someone in So. Cal. said that Progressive was not tossing their hat in the ring for this vehicle, at this time. They were going to wait until they were able to gather more stats. My spouse has Harley insurance through Foremost, I will try others....but I need the real VIN!
A friend of ours was stopped on his bike and the police said that he did not have insurance, even though he had a card. In CA, you can get your bike towed in for driving w/o insurance. Apparently, he called in before he bought the bike, to get several estimates. They must put in a false VIN # to run the computer program. When he got the bike, the company (I believe it was Progressive) did not bother to update the VIN#....since it really did not matter to them. Unfortunately, it was a costly lesson.