PDA

View Full Version : Total wait time from order/deposit to delivery?

matusky
01-14-2008, 01:53 AM
As of today:
Jan 14th 08, I'm up to about 4 months, still not a clue as to the exact delivery date.....

Heard of some people just walking in and picking it up off the floor as a demo, .....what's the average wait everybody?

wildwillie
01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Im still waiting also. ordered 7-15-07

csmead
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I ordered mine late September. It depends on when your dealership submitted the entire order...they did not submit each individual request, just the final group. I found out that the bikes are shipped and have been received in color grouping (at least in CA,US). My dealership has received 2 gray and 1 yellow shipments, totalling 6 bikes, and 2 demos received. My dealership said that they cannot sell a demo as Can-Am retains ownership. Each dealership has now received written word...whether or not they will receive anymore Jan. shipments...but not a date of delivery. I suspect some of the delays are due to the recall issue with the brakes. It is cheaper to fix it at the factory, in the warehouse, on the truck then to be charged at the dealership. The brakes are on at least #3 recall. Call your dealership, ask if they are receiving any more Jan. shipments...if not, hope for Feb/March delivery....me too! My dealership thinks that my order will be on the Jan. delivery. I have heard that Demo are being sold also, but I don't think so. More likely, people are unable to pick up at this time and they are giving the dealership the okay to sell their reserve. There are 3 or more on ebay, premier edition.