PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding experience with Can-Am dealer

Questions
09-26-2012, 07:49 AM
After hearing so many horror stories here about various dealers, I was quite concerned. I live about 3 hours from the closest dealer, and had little experience with them. I bought my 2012 RT from a different place even farther away, but did use the closer on for my 600 mile service, and for my most recent service.

i took my Spyder to Extreme Power Sports to have a CB/Intercom installed. The install took about an hour longer than quoted, and not only did not charge me for that hour, but Tom, the service manager, actually discounted the charge, for my inconvenience.

A very pleasant surprise.

i started home after filling the tank and saw a low battery warning flash briefly. I was not to concerned at that point since they had been working on the bike all day and I had restarted it several times with little charge time. However by the time I was several miles out of town, the warning reappeared and I started looking for a place to pull into a parking lot. Before I found a place several other warnings started popping up; DPS, and ABS, etc. now I of course amid worried, but even before I could pull over, the engine dies. I coast to the side of the road?

I was able to reach Tom on my cell, minutes before they were close for the day, and he arranged to have someone else call be back. He (do not know his name and have not been able to find it) did call me and said that a tow truck was arranged and a technician was being called to meet me at the dealership.

after some minor fiasco with the towing company, I finally got to the dealership about 8:30 PM and Dave, a senior tech was patiently waiting. After paying the tow truck, he started looking for the problem. Dave quickly found the problem, a wire, I assume from the regulator, had been left off the positive side of the battery (I feel lucky that that wire had not found a ground), and after a battery charge I was on my way.

Dave' s instructions were that if it was not a quick fix, I was to be loaned a company truck and they would put me up in a local motel for the night.

while I was certainly not pleased that this whole thing happened at all, I was very pleased with the way the dealership responded. I spend many years in what was at the time the best service organization in the world, regardless of industry. We would darken the sky with airplanes if necessary to get a customer up and running.

Extreme PowerSports of Columbus Ga demonstrated that same kind of concern for customer service.

Tom Gerhart
Cairo, Ga

Rar
09-26-2012, 08:02 AM
:2thumbs: Glad the problem was quickly fixed. That IS first class service. :clap: I love to hear these good experiences.

warp10
09-26-2012, 08:09 AM
:yes: Mistakes do happen, we all make them. How you respond and fix them is what makes a great dealer. Hats off to them. :bowdown:

Spy+
09-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Thank you for sharing and for being so positive about the experience.

Most of the posts around here on the service subject are about complaints, and they forget that they have the option of taking their business to another dealer...:p

ARtraveler
09-26-2012, 01:24 PM
A great example of service above and beyond the call of duty. :2thumbs:

Spyder777
09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
We should all call that dealership to say thank you for taking excellent care of our Spyder family and forward this story to our own local dealers on an example of excellent service.

Bob Denman
09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
They stepped up to the plate and did everything they could to keep you as a satisfied customer... They sure sound like a keeper! :2thumbs:
Thanks for a positive report! :thumbup:

Adirondack Mik
09-26-2012, 02:38 PM
There is a Best Dealer list on the forum, you should probably make sure their name is on it. With the amount of traveling done by some members you never know when you might need a friend and dealer.:)

jerpinoy
09-26-2012, 05:54 PM
BRAVO ZULU:yes:Great people deserve the same:bowdown:

Jeriatric
09-26-2012, 06:10 PM
That's (((((Customer Service))))) :thumbup:

harrypottar
09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
great to hear positive dealer experience, dealers like this should be support as often as we can.

harry

GloryRyders
09-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Great to hear about another outstanding dealer:firstplace:

Ivorspyder
09-27-2012, 06:33 AM
:2thumbs:Really nice to hear positive instead of negative things about a dealer.

Ivor:spyder:

Tigger
09-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Glad they took care of the:spyder2: and didnt leave you hanging.