PDA

View Full Version : Spyders on eBay

hackett43
09-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I was on eBay earlier today and i noticed that the Spyders for sale on there had doubled since i was on there Sunday. I always browse thru the Spyders to see
whats listed out of curiosity. I wonder did the listing increase because of the 2013's ?

Smokinspyder
09-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I noticed that myself. Either the winter time coming or the 2013 ?

Ivorspyder
09-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I was on eBay earlier today and i noticed that the Spyders for sale on there had doubled since i was on there Sunday. I always browse thru the Spyders to see
whats listed out of curiosity. I wonder did the listing increase because of the 2013's ?
This is clear out time for the dealers.BRP are giving a substantial discount from the retail price coupled with the dealers knocking most of their margins off.I believe the rebate ends 31st October and eventually stocks of 2012 will be cleared to customers buying now and getting great deals.The law of supply and demand.They therefore have about 6 weeks to knock them out so if you don't have a trade in and you are ready to buy great deals out there for the moment.Result is more dealers are using EBay to achieve this

This doesn't mean to say we who have bikes now will lose any further value than normal depreciation as the 2013 models are way up on MSRP.This tends to hold the values of used models.Now is not a good time to sell a used Spyder as I believe the prices are driven down by the current sell offs of 2012 models.I would imagine at the beginning of 2013 used prices should start getting back to normal.I own and run a cruise &travel company and similar things happen in our business as in most businesses.All of this is IMHO.

Ivor:spyder:

Bob Denman
09-26-2012, 06:41 AM
:agree: Everybody is just clearing their throats and getting ready for the new models... :thumbup: Time to shop!!

Ga Blue Knight
09-26-2012, 06:47 AM
The shoppers delimma! Buy new now and get great deal on a '12 but not so great trade in or wait and get a great trade in price but pay more for the '13 s. the difference price is always the bottom line!