PDA

View Full Version : Glove box lid latch does not move

denviola
09-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Was away from home and locked the steering for the first time without noticing the glove box lid was not latched. Now the latch is stuck in the unlock position and will not move, keeping me from latching the glove box. I searched the forum and did not find this issue although there were some other glove box threads. Any thoughts on how to fix? I would like to put my XM unit in there as seen in a different glove box thread.
Thanks!

NancysToy
09-25-2012, 09:19 PM
The steering should not have been able to lock with the glovebox unlatched. I hope you didn't force it. Anyway, the bodywork will have to be removed to determine the problem. Sounds like it could be a cable that came off or broke, or a broken component. At any rate, it is probably a job best left to your tech...with a little bit of help from BRP dealer tech support if necessary.

DR Buck
09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Had mine do the same thing a few weeks back. I just left it opened and locked the steering again, once turned each direction. Worked fine after that.

Ivorspyder
09-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Was away from home and locked the steering for the first time without noticing the glove box lid was not latched. Now the latch is stuck in the unlock position and will not move, keeping me from latching the glove box. I searched the forum and did not find this issue although there were some other glove box threads. Any thoughts on how to fix? I would like to put my XM unit in there as seen in a different glove box thread.
Thanks!
My latch was stuck and would not close.I used Velcro for a week or so and the dealer replaced the latch under warranty..These latches are not great you have to close the glove box very gently to keep them working.

Ivor:spyder:

dsmith
09-25-2012, 11:40 PM
This is evidently a problem with the RT's as ours has not worked since the second day we had it. The latch is obviously faulty and will have to go back for warranty. :sour: Hopefully they will realize the problem exists and improve on it. At least they will not be able to claim that this has never happened before.

NancysToy
09-26-2012, 08:13 AM
This is evidently a problem with the RT's as ours has not worked since the second day we had it. The latch is obviously faulty and will have to go back for warranty. :sour: Hopefully they will realize the problem exists and improve on it. At least they will not be able to claim that this has never happened before.

The latch probably just needs adjustment or lubrication. If you don't have the dealer address it, I see little reason to complain. Unless these problems are reported, and the dealers turn in the warranty claims to BRP, they don't even know they have a difficulty to address. :)

denviola
09-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll be scheduling the 600 mile service soon, and will ask the dealer to address the latch issue.