PDA

View Full Version : sirius radio

gary lester
09-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know anything about tapping into the radio to hook up a sirius xm radio? I know BRP offers one but I don't want to pay 400.00 to have theirs instlled. Thanks

Rar
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I have Sirius in my car. Wonder if I can somehow move the manual device from car to Spyder and back when wanted.

Rando
09-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Easiest and cheapest way is to hook it up in the trunk to the aux in. Set it to your favorite station before your ride and you will only be able to control the volume from the front controls. That is what I did.

Rar
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Easiest and cheapest way is to hook it up in the trunk to the aux in. Set it to your favorite station before your ride and you will only be able to control the volume from the front controls. That is what I did.

All I have to do is move the device to the trunk? :shocked: I can't picture the device connections, but I'll look tomorrow. WOW!!! Do you move your Sirius between the car and Spyder?

lookerjdc
09-26-2012, 03:55 AM
I plan on using the SirusXM ipod/Iphone app

Rando
09-26-2012, 04:31 AM
WOW!!! Do you move your Sirius between the car and Spyder?I have a portable one. I can use it walking, in the car or Spyder and in a boombox that I have for it.